- 130 Maddox Rd, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation's oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 100 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team - the Vi-Jon team
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises all warehouse staff assigned to shift, including assigning daily job tasks. Responsible for having deliveries unloaded in order of priority and properly placed in the warehouse. Responsible for keeping production supplied with components and moving finished goods from the production areas to internal and external customers. Ensures Safety and Health requirements are met for the Department. Helps to maintain 5S and housekeeping standards. Helps to maintain and ensure compliance of all related SOP’s. Performs a variety of functions related to receiving personnel and equipment maintenance.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Behavior: Team player qualities of cooperation and coordination, professional interaction with all business contact all day, every day.
2. Attendance: Exceptional attendance is a mandatory requirement.
3. Safety: Compliance with all requirements of the safety program, including: hazard recognition, housekeeping, accident and near miss reporting, proper use of all safety equipment and procedures, adherence to all Safety Rules and your reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
4. Housekeeping: Maintain housekeeping program to achieve world class standards for housekeeping and 5S.
5. Oversee all shift receiving and production support activities.
6. Supervise/coordinate all activities of associates on shift. Assigns associates’ tasks and ensures they understand what is required. Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to motivate associates.
7. Ensures employees are meeting established goals, provides feedback, and assists in resolving problems.
8. Allocate manpower resources throughout the department as needed to support necessary demand.
9. Responsible for supporting and carrying out good housekeeping, safety regulations and company and departmental policies.
10. Communicates with preceding and proceeding shifts to ensure accurate understanding and communication of issues.
11. Ensures that all employees understand and follow SOP’s, GMP’s safety and other departmental policies.
1. Performs duties of workers supervised, including forklift operation.
Physical Activities: Sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, standing, talking, hearing.
Physical Demands: Lifting cartons up to 30 lbs. by hand and moving pallets of products weighing up to 2000 lbs. with a forklift.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker exposed to temperatures significantly high or low to cause marked bodily discomfort. Worker exposed to physical conditions such as moving mechanical parts, working on scaffolding, and high places. Warehouse conditions include temperatures ranging from the 30's (typically 40 degrees in cold weather conditions, with appropriate clothing provided) to the 90's (in hot weather conditions). Estimate time exposure to warehouse condition is 30%.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree required or 5 years of relevant experience. Requires the ability to read and understand instructions, write, add and subtract. Knowledge of inventory management, appropriate forklift regulations and safety rules is mandatory. Requires good written and oral communication skills.
Experience: Minimum of two to four years warehouse supervision experience. Must be experienced processing receiving warehouse documentation and performing computer operations.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Forklift Truck, computer and related software (Microsoft Office, SAP), copier, fax, and related office equipment.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Forklift operator certification.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.