- 130 Maddox Rd, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation's oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 100 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team - the Vi-Jon team
Assembles orders to include production of promotional orders, twin packages, point of sale displays, etc.
Packages product correctly into shippers, this includes verifying label registration and confirming quality of finished goods. On an as needed basis, performs the duties of a Material Handling Specialist. Observes all safety policies and procedures at all times. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, being intentional about building relationships in the workplace.
· Ensures all safety policies and procedures are supported with throughout the workday. Maintains housekeeping ensuring a safe and organized work area at all times.
· Assembles shippers and dividers.
· Inspects quality of product to include label placement, coding, seal, and volume.
· Pack finished product into the shipper carton.
· Removes finished products from the sorting line and stack cases on pallets.
· Handles and stores hazardous, flammable material such as nail polish remover, etc. in accordance with established local, state and federal guidelines.
· Is familiar with and supports cGMP and all Company procedures.
· Completes all forms accurately, and visually inspects coding on shipper carton.
· On an as needed basis, will perform tasks/duties specifically assigned to a Material Handling Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned
Compliance with all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
High School Diploma, preferred
No experience required. Some experience in Assembly is preferred.
Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts. Actively intentional about building relationships, all day, every day
Present and punctual for work when scheduled is mandatory.
Standing, reaching, grasping, pushing, walking, bending, observing, hearing, talking, and feeling.
Requires lifting boxes up to 5 lbs. or lifting a bundle of shippers 6 to 7 lbs., grasping and lifting individual 48 oz bottles continuously. Standing on concrete floors the entire shift.
Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less, ability to distinguish colors, and ability to adjust eye to bring objects in to sharper focus.
Exposed to inside conditions with protection from weather, in a non-controlled temperature environment. Worker Exposed to noise causing shouting in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Exposed to physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.