National Account Manager
- 2700 SE Otis Corley Dr, Bentonville, AR 72712, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 112 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
The Manager National Accounts actively interfaces with customers, presents creative solutions to expand business, and services existing business. The Manager National Accounts will provide market information; initiate monthly on-site visits; and participate in trade shows. The Manager National Accounts will develop, maintain, and expand customer base; achieving sales volume and profits consistent with company objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present new products and a full line of the company's capabilities; pursue and evaluate new business potential, visit stores, evaluate codes, make recommendations on product offerings
- Forecast sales consumption demand, quantities, and trends. Compare sales performance to budget actuals and develop plan to exceed sales budgets
- Provide customer support through on-site visits, follow-up on customer requests, resolving customer problems with creative solutions, develop product line information, review and process customer correspondence, review customer artwork
- Coordinate sales efforts by prepare pricing, samples, correspondence, resolve shipping problems, and provide information for sales presentations
- Review Finished Goods on Hand report and Excess or Slow Moving inventory; interface with customer and production; complete weekly sales report, sample request, art work requirements
- Customize marketing information; prepare sales documentation, which includes product information, sales quotes, and delivery information
- Identify customer problems; make emergency on-site visits when needed; suggest and implement solutions
- Networking within national accounts in order to secure all business opportunities
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of customer service to national accounts
- Monitoring incoming orders and ensuring these are fulfilled effectively
- Holding regular cadence of meetings with internal stakeholders about key accounts
- Investigating and resolving queries and issues raised by national accounts
- Taking a proactive approach to account management
- Arranging meetings with all relevant decision makers within the customer
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
5 plus years’ experience as a salesperson in a buyer/sales relationship and extensive sales experience in the Consumer Products Industry. Preferred experience in Private Brands as well as Personal Care Products and Health & Beauty.
- Knowledge of the consumer products industry, national brand/private label industry, and/or the health and beauty care
- Demonstrated team player
- Broad business background to include product forecasting and understand customer margin/profitability data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of growing business
- Knowledge of sales analysis and metrics
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others and motivate people
- Project management skills
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to influence others by effectively using data
- Experience identifying and acquiring new customers and acquiring new sales
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Up to 50%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.