Manager, Manufacturing ( Compounding)
- 1 Swan Dr, Smyrna, TN 37167, USA
POSITION TITLE: Compounding Manager
Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
Prepared By: Department Manager/Human Resources
Prepared Date: November 2012
Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function. Work hours may extend pass normal business hours based on the workload of the department.
Safety: Your compliance and enforcement of all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
1. Ensures proper training/development of team members
2. Coordinates activities of compounding technicians engaged in batch/blend processing, weighing and bulk chemical tanks unloading to meet quality, safety, productivity and customer service requirements
3. Ensures the timely and accurate documentation and closeout of batch
4. Manages assigned departments budget and performance objectives.
5. Investigates and writes incident reports that affect the release of
6. Investigates and writes safety incident reports and closeout in a timely manner.
7. Participates in technical transfer and validation activities affecting
8. Ensures the cleanliness and sanitization of compounding areas.
9. Interact with Planning and Manufacturing to assure customer service goals are met.
10. Analyze work methods, collects/ analyze process and productivity data for use in continuous improvement initiatives.
11. Ensure strict compliance to FDA and OSHA rules and regulations.
Physical Activities: Walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, grasping, feeling, hearing, kneeling, pushing, sitting, talking.
Physical Demands: Light physical work. Employee required exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently of move objects.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less, with the ability to distinguish colors and adjust eye to bring objects into sharper focus.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker exposed to typical production plant conditions, including some inside and outside conditions. Worker exposed to sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Worker occasionally exposed to some atmospheric conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge: Minimum Bachelors Degree, preferably in science or engineering. Knowledge of chemistry is preferred. High degree of demonstrated problem solving ability. Must have thorough understanding of manufacturing practices, including GMP and FDA regulations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Experience: Seven to ten years experience in a manufacturing environment showing progressive ability to interact and manage people. Must exhibit ability to analyze data and create/implement improvement programs.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Scales, meters, hoist, mixer, computer and related software packages, other standard office equipment.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None identified.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.