Assembly Coordinator - St. Charles MO - 2nd Shift 2:45 pm - 11 pm
- 225 Fountain Lakes Industrial Dr, St Charles, MO 63301, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
Job Title: Assembly Coordinator
The Assembly Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Supervisor Assembly in in the preparation and execution of the assembly shift plan, involving the production of promotional orders, twin packages, point of sale displays, safety procedures, personnel policies and administrative procedures while producing an efficient, quality product.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
2. Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function. Work hours may extend pass normal business hours based on the workload of the department.
3. Safety: Your compliance and enforcement of all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
4. Coordinate with Material Planning and Warehousing to ensure all needed components are delivered in accordance with the assembly schedule.
5. Responsible for staffing assignments and training to include staffing level adjustments using temporary resources as needed.
6. Review daily Process Orders ensuring accuracy for all input and output materials and quantities.
7. Track & report daily production performance using SAP and the companies OEE manufacturing program.
8. Assign employees to assembly duties and establish or adjust work procedures to meet assembly schedule.
9. Ability to perform all production lines duties and assist production line assembly work as needed.
10. Attend daily Production meeting noting changes to schedule, Job additions, Production requirements & Hot SKU’s
11. Quote new projects & provide costing to Accounting for margin reports.
12. Assist with the bidding & outsourcing work to area workshops and manage operations associated with outsourcing.
13. Oversee daily production; identify problem areas; develop and implement corrective action.
14. Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications. Establish procedures needed to ensure quality production.
15. Ability to understand and complete the process of display construction, component design & assembly techniques.
16. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
17. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
18. Recommends measures to improve assembly methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
19. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
20. Discuss with department head any discrepancies that occur in the production schedule or process; develop appropriate action.
21. Direct the housekeeping of the area to maintain a clean environment.
22. Able to support the team and maintain communication with site Leader.
23. Required to work a flexible work schedule when needed.
24. Perform all other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year production / assembly coordination experience, preferably in related industry. Experience with display design, display construction, working knowledge of packaging and assembly of displays. Ability to quote new projects using time and labor analysis preferred.
Knowledge: High School Diploma or GED required. Practical knowledge of material planning, display construction/design and assembly techniques. Demonstrated verbal communications skills and ability to deal with people. Working Knowledge of GMP Practices.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Working knowledge of production equipment, conveyor, tape machines, shrink sleeve heaters. Proficient in the use of Excel Spreadsheets and data analysis. Proficiency in computers and related programs, fax, copier, and other standard office equipment. Working knowledge with SAP systems beneficial for production entry, stock level viewing & purchase order inquiry.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Forklift operator certification or ability to obtain certification.
Physical Activities: Sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing and observing, able to lift 5-60 pounds at a range of up to 5 feet high by hand. Standing for up to 8-10 hours per day.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker exposed to temperatures significantly high or low to cause marked bodily discomfort. Warehouse conditions include temperatures ranging from the 30's (typically 40 degrees in cold weather conditions, with appropriate clothing provided) to the 90's (in hot weather conditions). Estimate time exposure to warehouse condition is 30%.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.