Manager Human Resources
- 8515 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63114, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 112 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
Supports the Operations business team through the implementation of Human Resources strategies and serves as the focal point to management and employees for day-to-day Human Resource needs. The Manager Human Resources will interpret, implement and execute new programs and/or policies. Support strategic initiatives and facilitate business goals and objectives. Support activities that promote employee engagement, diversity awareness and high productivity. Perform human resources related duties at Operations and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, benefits, training, affirmative action, salary administration, workman compensation, employment and recruiting services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with Plant and DC Leadership Teams to optimize workforce management.
- Partner with every level of management and employees to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Provide direction for recruiting and selection through the application of company policies, procedures, vision and values, federal and employment laws
- Provide advice and counsel to management on the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law
- Manage, administer and support Human Resources professional services related to employees, recruitment, workforce planning, performance management, management and leadership development, and employee communication at HQ
- Implement Human Resources strategies and plans to deliver business unit initiatives, such as, departmental reorganizations, staffing optimization, work practice improvements, etc., in support of business unit goals and objectives
- Foster culture of continued improvement and champion change
- Interpret, implement and execute the company’s new programs and policies
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and EEO complaints
- Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed to meet KPIs
- Work with appropriate HR representatives to initiate a wide range of services to associates (FMLA, 401K, LOA, ESOP, etc.)
- Advise line management on appropriate administrative or disciplinary action.
- Ability to work off shifts as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
HR department at MO operations
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Related Fields
3+ years’ experience in the Human Resource career field with one or more years in recruiting preferred
Five (5) plus years of broad HR Generalist experience, employee relations.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of applicable regulations, human resource policies and procedures
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the business
- Proven skills in coaching, performance management
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
- Strong project management skills. Strong employee relations skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, Solid MS Office skills
- Working knowledge of computers, data entry and HRIS software is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills are essential
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Travel required to additional operations facilities within the major metropolitan area
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners. Worker exposed to normal office conditions; will spend occasional periods of time in plants where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn – includes safety glasses, ear protection, safety hat and hair (including facial hair) net(s).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.