Specialist Customer Care
- 8800 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63114, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 112 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
The responsibilities of the Specialist Customer Care include representing Vi-Jon to customer and customer to Vi-Jon; responsible for end to end order management process. Identifying and resolving any issues that would prevent orders from being processed and fulfilled completely; working closely with internal teams to ensure customer requirements are met and customer is serviced at expected service level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for end to end Order Management process timeliness and accuracy to support both internal and external Customers. Includes but not limited to – EDI discrepancy resolutions; Pricing, Lead Time, Terms, UOM, etc.;
- Manage promotional orders to ensure sufficient lead-time and resolve discrepancies with customer and Supply Planning; communicate any unplanned or changes in demand to the organization so forecast and schedules are accurate to meet customer’s requirements
- Manage conversion item transitions with Customer, including cut-over strategy; minimizing service gaps and obsolete inventories
- Manage exiting item run-out strategy with Customer; communicating cross-functionally to avoid obsolescence and minimize service gaps
- Collaborate with Sales Team to manage and minimize aged inventory and slow moving inventories
- Prepare Customer specific reports as required – Shipment and Cut reports; additionally - Service Level Summaries as required including root cause and get well for service challenged items
- Review customer service levels – actual vs. goal, determine causes of negative variances, make recommendations as required to maintain goal
- Allocate finished product to orders in cases where product availability is not sufficient to cover orders, work cross-functionally to determine product availability dates
- Communicate regularly with Sales concerning the status of each account (examples: new products, conversions, shortages, etc.); highlight and bring to Sales and/or Sales Support attention the status of conversion timing alignment and potential service issues.; work with Sales Support/Graphics to expedite artwork activation
- Maintain strong, professional and positive relations with assigned Customers to always strive for Best in Class Service
- Provide back-up support for Customer Care Team members
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum five years Customer Service or Bachelor Degree, experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Three years of computerized order entry and inventory control systems
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & Power Point user
- SAP a plus
- Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities to include cooperation and coordination: professional interaction with internal and external customers, all day, and every day
- Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function
- A positive, customer-centric attitude with a foundation of strong listening skills, and ability to understand and respond to customer needs while being committed to a best in class customer service philosophy
- Ability to seek and integrate input from participants in a variety of functions, as well as participate in collaborative processes across organizations
- High urgency to attend to issues, and close follow up on issues
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team oriented
- Self-starter, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to adopt and learn new technologies and skills
- Capacity to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations concurrently
- Proactive in identifying, resolving and communicating challenges
- Possess excellent follow-up capabilities, ability to prioritize and handle several tasks/projects simultaneously
- Communicates in a clear, effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to Customers and associates
- Displays strong traits of intellectual curiosity
- Other duties as assigned
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
- Ability to travel as required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.