Engineer IT, SharePoint/Office 365
- Swan Dr, Smyrna, TN 37167, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 112 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
Responsible for developing and deploying integrated solutions across the enterprises. Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. This position will be utilizing Office 365/SharePoint along with other system integration technologies to develop and deploy overall system solutions. In addition, this position is responsible for the administration of the development, UAT, and Production systems and databases.
- Works with IT Business Analysts and Users to understand system requirements
- Performs database analysis, codes and tests solutions developed and deploying to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems and applications components
- Ability to communicate design ideas to multiple levels of the company, including executives.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for enhancing the performance, efficiency, and User experience for end users.
- Participates in component and data architecture design, software product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations
- Works on projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise-wide complex components
- Requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and possesses increased level of business knowledge
- Create SQL tablespaces, tables, stored procedures and triggers as necessary for the development of applications.
- Work with packaged software applications in order to build integrated system solutions.
- Manages the overall health, administration, security, Site permissions, and backup of the Office 365/SharePoint online, on premise, SQL Server Database environments. Applying patches as needed on a monthly bases.
- Independently identify training opportunities. Contribute to overall Technical Tools Strategy for Web and Office 365/ SharePoint. Participate in testing of new techniques and tools.
- Define teamwork objectives and improvement opportunities for team.
- Extensive Knowledge with web development, Web Services, Visual Studio, and other tools, Participate in definition and selection of new integration tools/ techniques.
- Works independently and guides the work of other developers on projects.
- Extensive experience of 10 plus years in SharePoint and Web technical design, development, testing, and support with applications leveraging more than one programming languages / tools.
- Strong Business Analysis and Customer Support skills
- SharePoint 2010 and Office 365/SharePoint and SharePoint on premise Administration
- SQL Server Database Administration and Development
- Experience planning and migrating legacy data from SharePoint 2010 and other data sources into Office 365 SharePoint, Azure and SharePoint on premise
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio to develop and maintain solutions
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
10+ years of Programming/Systems Analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database and middleware technologies. SharePoint 2010 and Office 365/SharePoint experience required. Experience in a manufacturing preferred.
- Adaptability – adapts to change in a fast paced work environment, adapts to competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Strong customer service skills, excellent verbal communications, and interpersonal skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work off shifts as needed
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Worker exposed to normal office environment, this job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Worker occasionally is exposed to warehouse and production environment, including noise and varied temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.