- 8515 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63114, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 112 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
The Coordinator IT will be the first contact for technical support to users. The Coordinator IT will provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. You will process orders, provide information, and work to resolve customer complaints and problems. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, excellent communication skills, high patience level, and an analytical approach to technical support. The position will report to the Manager of IT.
- Serve as initial contact for reporting technical issues, and answering questions regarding upgrades, installations, and other software/hardware/network issues
- Provide Help Desk Support, PC repair and maintenance, Support for Remote Users, 1st Level Application Support, Printers, IT Services, etc. in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Accurately diagnose client technical issues; gather the necessary information; and perform standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources
- Effectively implement the steps found in available resources by following the instructions and using a variety of remote access, user admin, and related tools.
- Clearly and thoroughly document requests for assistance in our ticket management system, and track incidents through to resolution/escalation
- Escalate unresolved issues
- Assist in providing the best possible quality of IT support to our user community
- Participate with the team in on-call support duties for Vi-Jon’s computing environment
- Ensure proper access to technology resources that enable and empower all users
- Promote and enforce privacy, security, and online safety related to the use of technology
- Use technology to assess, evaluate, and manage administrative and operational systems
- Standardize procedures that will provide improvement to support technology platforms
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services
- Continue awareness of emerging technologies and their potential uses in company
- Coordinate with third party resources to assist in repair and maintenance of systems and hardware
- Assist Manager of Enterprise Network Services with contract renewal
- Maintain accuracy of documentation to support Vi-Jon’s IT environment
- Ensure license management is effectively performed on all applicable software packages
- Manage accounts within the Microsoft infrastructure and adhere to Enterprise standards as established by the Manger Enterprise Network Services
- Responsible for the maintenance of all IT equipment in regards to user support
- All other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High school diploma required, Associates Degree or Technical Certification, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years providing 1st level IT support while troubleshooting software and hardware issues required
- 3-4 years preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Prior experience with Cisco Systems equipment, MS SharePoint
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services preferred
- Attention to detail and strong adherence to documented processes
- Strong time and self-management skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Commitment to providing and maintaining the highest level of customer service
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Individual must possess thorough understanding supporting a user environment in a large scale network
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, Service Desk tickets and emails
Certifications: Microsoft certifications would be considered a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Worker exposed to office and warehouse environment involving varying degrees of noise and temperature on occasion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be required to exert 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, possibly up to 30 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.