T1 LV.2 MAINTENANCE MECHANIC ALC "A"
- 1 Swan Dr, Smyrna, TN 37167, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform set up, routine maintenance, adjustments, troubleshooting and repairs on liquid fill production line equipment (fillers cappers and labelers), pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Behavior: Team player qualities of cooperation and coordination, professional interaction with all business contacts all day, every day.
- Attendance: Exceptional attendance is a mandatory requirement. Eight hour day including extra hours daily; Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
- Safety: Comply with all requirements of the safety program, including: hazard recognition, housekeeping, accident and near miss reporting, proper use of all safety equipment and procedures, adherence to all Safety Rules and your reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
- Change parts; set up and adjust lines for various products; monitor line as time permits or as directed.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties; make the necessary repairs and adjustments.
- Wash out fillers between products.
- Make the necessary adjustments for fillers, cappers, and labelers.
- Inform supervisors of parts and equipment used and needed for replacement.
- Ensure proper torque fills and overall quality by initiating contact with quality control.
- Perform routine daily maintenance such as greasing, oiling, changing belts; perform established periodic preventative maintenance.
- Process and store hazardous, flammable material such as nail polish remover, etc. in accordance with established local, state and federal guidelines.
- Be proficient in the tasks as outlined in the SKILL LEVEL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Table.
- Assist lead operators to keep production running, which may entail putting bottles on line, packing and assisting with labels.
Physical Activities: Walking, reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, standing, climbing, stooping, feeling, crawling.
Physical Demands: Function 1 requires lifting small parts weighing 25 to 60 lbs by hand, a variety of physical movement necessary to repair and install machinery.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships. Ability to adjust eye to bring objects into sharp focus. Continuous mental and visual attention.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker is protected from weather conditions but not from temperature changes which may be sufficiently high or low to cause bodily discomfort. Worker exposed to sufficient noise level requiring hearing protection. Worker exposed to a variety of physical conditions such as moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and high heat.
Knowledge: Requires the ability to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide; work from drawings, schedules, and make some interpretations; equivalent to two years of trade school.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one year of similar maintenance/mechanical experience or two year trade school/Associate Degree in a related mechanical field.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Filler, capper, labeler, bander, tape machine, unscrambler, drill, grinder, and a variety of hand tools.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None identified.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.