Specialist Customer Support
- 8800 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63114, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 112 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
The sales support team carries out a number of functions to ensure that sales account managers can perform their duties more effectively - principally coordination of pre-sale activities (sales materials, samples, quotations) and coordination of Customer new item setup requirements. The Account Support Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and controlling pre-sales activities, new business awards and new item setup activities within our Customer’s systems. This position manages the support of multiple accounts, projects, and tasks in an extremely fast paced environment. Actively engages Customers and Account Managers to ensure that we are exceeding all customer expectations. Ensures that all processes, systems and tools are continuously improved to best serve our Customers and the Sales Team. Performs ad hoc support, as needed or designated by the Director Customer Business to support our Sales Team and Customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Customer accounts by being the passionate and flexible first point of contact.
- Act as a Customer advocate internally working develop business growth.
- Builds productive cross functional relationships with Account Management and internal staff.
- Manages multiple accounts, tasks and projects in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ensures on time completion of all projects and tasks with a passion for accuracy, responsiveness, and Customer focus (internal or external).
- Supports all aspects of internal and external account coordination and communication
- Ensures all sales meetings are appropriately supported and planned for seamless execution.
- Activities include: Conducting internal sales planning meetings, generation and consolidation of sales materials, coordination of pricing.
- Coordinates cross functionally to prepare samples and mock ups to our 100% first time right quality expectation.
- Works closely with the Graphics team and our customers to ensure artwork is processed to achieve customer expectations for new products and conversions.
- Manage risks associated with all projects and tasks – ability to elevate risks through the appropriate channel.
- Understands and complies with all unique customer-specific requirements for assigned accounts.
- Provides support to coordination of customer trade shows and special events.
- Provides retail shopping support and completes retail pricing surveys as designated by the Director Customer Business.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to completes all administrative tasks for the Sales Operations team including but not limited to completion of the following forms: NBA’s, Price Quotes, Sample Requests, Conversion Forms, and Customer Specific forms.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to completes all administrative tasks to complete Customer item Setup requirements.
- Inter-department and inter-company communication flow/follow up, as designated by the specific project/Customer requirements.
- Coordinates customer product testing processes and ensures compliance.
- Completes all Customer specific system setup, as required and ensures compliance.
- Provides administrative support, as designated by the Director Customer Business.
Bachelor’s degree required. Business or marketing discipline preferred.
1+ years of experience in a sales or marketing environment preferred. Experience in the Personal Care Products and Health and Beauty Care is preferred.
- SAP/ERP experience beneficial. Advanced Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Problem solver – able to creatively generate solutions with internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated team player, with a broad business understanding to include product forecasting and the ability to understand customer margin/profitability data.
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization, with the ability to handle a diverse and significant workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Persistent in following up to detailed issues to conclusion.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
As needed to support customer projects and new business development (up to 5%)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.