Chemical Operator Page - AM Shift - 5:45am - 6pm
- 8515 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63114, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
JOB TITLE: Chemical Operator - AM Shift - 5:45am to 6:00pm. This is an alternating work schedule where an employees is on a 2-2-3 day schedule.
PAY: Starting pay based on experience plus potential for $200 monthly bonus payouts.
Position Summary: The Chemical Operator is responsible for Operating, adjusting, and changing over chemical equipment involving such operations as weighing, measuring, mixing, and filtering liquids and solids to prepare batches of product from established recipes. Observes and reports occurrences in compounding, obtain samples for approval, correct batches as instructed to maintain quality standards, move materials and containers, and assist in cleaning equipment and area. Maintains strict documentation of work processes. Notifies supervisor of process, raw material or finished product deviations. Perform compounding tasks using established work instructions and SOPs.
- Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
- Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function.
- Comply with all requirements of the safety program, including adherence to all safety rules. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
- Comply with all cGMP, SOP, D.O.T, and company safety rules and procedures Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day.
- Measure, weigh, and mix raw materials according to established batch records. Sample product and take it to the laboratory for testing.
- Train to and develop capacity for entering and retrieving data using the Ross computer system and PLC.
- Identify and organize all incoming raw materials and storage, maintaining a first-in, first-out rotation.
- Transfer approved materials from quarantine area to approved areas and warehouse locations.
- Notify and make recommendations to management, issues concerning the operation of the compounding function.
- Fills or empties equipment and containers by pumping, operating various valves and pumps to move products from mix tanks to feed tanks to production lines.
- Train to and develop capacity for operating meters and supply systems for bulk raw materials, including water.
- Hook up hoses to incoming trucks; pump or air unload contents into holding tanks.
- Train to and develop capacity for maintaining written logs and batch records.
- Measure and gauge products in tanks to determine the number of gallons.
- Scrub tanks by hand and clean tanks to prepare for use.
- Perform compounding tasks using work instructions & SOPs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma/GED/or Equivalent
Experience: One to three years of chemical processing experience in a manufacturing environment. Proficiency within six months of on-the-job training is required.
Certification: Possess a forklift certification or the ability to obtain a certification.
Physical Requirements/Activities: Walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, grasping, feeling, hearing, kneeling, pushing, sitting, talking. Requires weighing and dumping raw materials 1 to 5 lbs. continuously into mix tanks, occasional lifting up to 45 pounds and requires the use of a hand truck to move raw material 25 lbs. and over. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less; continuous mental and visual attention; ability to distinguish colors, and adjust eye to bring objects into sharper focus. BFOQ - required to wear a respirator.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.