Technician QA (Clerk)
- 1 Swan Dr, Smyrna, TN 37167, USA
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function. Work hours may extend pass normal business hours based on the workload of the department.
Safety: Your compliance and enforcement of all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
• Ensures proper training/development of team members
• Supervises and coordinates activities of compounding technicians engaged in batch/blend processing, weighing and bulk chemical tanks unloading to meet quality, safety, productivity and customer service requirements
• Ensures the timely and accurate documentation and closeout of batch records.
• Develops and manages budget and performance objectives; scheduling, hiring, performance evaluations, termination, etc.
• Investigates and writes incident reports that affect the release of batches
• Investigates and writes safety incident reports and closeout in a timely manner.
• Participates in technical transfer and validation activities affecting the department.
• Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of compounding area,
• Interact with Planning and Manufacturing to assure customer service goals are met.
• Analyzes work methods, collects/ analyze process and productivity data for use in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Comply with cGMPs through adherence of SOPs and company policies relating to quality, safety, housekeeping and cost effectiveness.
Physical Requirements: Critical to the Job: Standing and walking- 50% of time on job; sitting- 20% of time on job. Teamwork/working with others – 20%, Root cause-problems investigation.
Environmental Conditions: Exposed to normal production floor and shop conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge: Bachelor of Science degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing or chemical processing preferred, particularly in a personal care industry.
Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
Ability to apply analytical reasoning and root cause analysis to solve problems
Strong math and calculating skills. Computer skills is a must Exposure to SAP or ERP system Familiarity with automated batch recipe systems Experience with PLC controlled batch and or blend processing operations.
Demonstrates ability to read, understand, interpret and implement technical writing instructions.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: None.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. The tasks listed are commonly associated with the defined position and are not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
All activities, Demands, Conditions and Requirements are linked to Essential Job Functions unless marked with an asterisk which denotes linkage only to marginal function(s).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.