Assembly Worker - St. Charles MO - 1st Shift 6:45am - 3:00pm
- 225 Fountain Lakes Industrial Dr, St Charles, MO 63301, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
Job Title: Assembly Worker - 1st Shift- Pay rate 12 per hour
The Assembly Worker is responsible for packaging product correctly into shippers, checking label registration and confirming quality of finished goods as required, physical assembly of orders to include production of promotional orders, twin packages, point of sale displays, etc.
- Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day. Possess
a sense of energy and initiative. Be pro-active.
- Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function.
- Safety: Compliance with all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
- Assemble shipper and dividers.
- Inspect quality of product to include label placement, coding, seal, and volume.
- Pack finished product into shipper carton.
- Remove finished products from the sorting line and stack cases on pallets.
- Complete Component Lot Number Tracking Form when necessary.
- Handle and store hazardous, flammable material such as nail polish remover, etc. in accordance with established local, state and federal guidelines.
- Visually inspect coding on shipper carton.
- Keep work areas clean; pick up debris.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
No previous qualifying experience. Some experience in assembly work is preferred.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Working knowledge of production equipment, conveyor, tape machines, shrink sleeve heaters. Proficient in the use of Excel Spreadsheets and data analysis. Proficiency in computers and related programs, fax, copier, and other standard office equipment. Working knowledge with SAP systems beneficial for production entry, stock level viewing & purchase
Physical Activities: Standing, reaching, grasping, pushing, walking, bending, observing, hearing, talking, and
Physical Demands: Requires lifting up to 60 lbs. Standing on concrete floors the entire shift.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less, ability to distinguish colors, and ability to adjust eye to bring objects in to sharper focus.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker exposed to inside conditions with protection from weather but not temperature
changes. Worker exposed to noise causing shouting in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Worker exposed
to physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.