Material Handling Specialist - MJDC Weekend 5:45am-6:00pm
- 130 Maddox Rd, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
- Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
- Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function.
- Safety: Your compliance with all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential.
- Load, unload trucks; move rows of components from racks on floor to storage; operate pallet wrappers and other powered equipment; use computer to key various transactions; read dispatches; light cleaning of assigned areas.
- Selecting, stacking, storing, loading, unloading and moving goods in production, warehouse, manufacturing or other areas of company.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of all equipment used in handling components, raw wrappers, palletizers or any other powered equipment in the movement of raw materials, components, or finished goods.
- Enter data if required, count, sort, segregate, and otherwise keep track of materials in their respective work area.
- Meet or exceed the required minimum performance standards as set forth by each department.
Physical Activities: CRITICAL TO THE JOB: Standing and walking – 100% of the time on the job. Lifting (minimum of 50 lbs) – 60% of the time on the job. Repeated use of hands and upper body twisting, ability to stoop, bend and kneel – 70% of time on job. Eye-hand coordination – 85% of the time on the job. Ability to engage in job related communication (talk) – 75% of time on job. Seeing objects in fine detail – 50% of time on job. Depth perception – 655 of time on the job. Tracking moving objects – 80% of time on the job. Hearing (conversation, sounds of machines) – 905 of time on job. Able to work at heights up to 35 feet – 50% of time on the job. Ability to identify colors, ability to see objects in distance; ability to smell – 95% of time on the job.
Visual Acuity: Concentrated mental and visual attention. Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
Environmental/atmospheric Conditions: Worker exposed to warehouse and production environment, including noise and varied temperatures.
Knowledge: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: Previous Material Handling or Warehousing experience preferred.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Forklift, Basic Computer skills.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Must be forklift certified or certified within first 30 days of accepting position as well as good math and reading comprehension skills.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. The tasks listed are commonly associated with the defined position and are not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
All activities, Demands, Conditions and Requirements are linked to Essential Job Functions unless marked with an asterisk which denotes linkage only to marginal function(s).
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.