T3 Operator Smyrna, ALC TN "C" Shift 10:45PM-7:00AM
- 1 Swan Dr, Smyrna, TN 37167, USA
Vi-Jon is one of the nation’s oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 106 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team – the Vi-Jon team.
This job will include but not limited to, the following duties:
- Operate packaging equipment with respect to safety and report and unsafe conditions to Coordinator or Manager.
- Conduct on-going quality checks to ensure proper torques, fill levels and overall quality of product is maintained.
- Follow GMP practices and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Inform material handlers in advance, of component needs to insure proper levels of components at each piece of equipment.
- Ability to verify components are correct by matching part numbers to paperwork.
- Ability to load and monitor each piece of equipment to maintain a smooth product flow.
- Ability to use the process order to build, document, and verify stencil and label information.
- Perform in-process rework on line as it occurs.
- Ability to manually stack finished product on a pallet.
- Work with the team to perform set-ups and changeovers on the packaging lines.
- Perform housekeeping functions that will include but not limited to the following: cleaning, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, removal of scrap corrugate from the production area.
- Assist in wash outs and changeovers when necessary.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: T3 Level checklist completed. Must have three -six months experience in manufacturing. Must be able to perform more than one task on the line.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE: Ability to assist with line changeovers and washouts.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Ability to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide. (Basic math skills required.)
NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS: Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions in English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: CRITICAL TO THE JOB: Standing & walking – 90% of time on job; sitting 10% of time on job; lifting (minimum 30 lbs) 10% of time on job; - pushing & pulling (minimum 45 lbs) 35% of time on job; repeated rotation of the wrists - 66% of time on job; climbing stairs & ladders (8-20 ft heights) – 15 times per day; stooping, kneeling and bending - 60% of time on job; hearing; vision (fine detail – 80% of time on job; distance – 30 ft); tracking moving objects - 80% of the time on job. HELPFUL TO THE JOB, NOT CRITICAL: Ability to carry objects and ability to reach.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.r information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.