Maintenance Line Mechanic 3 – PM Shift - 4:45pm to 5:00am
- 8515 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63114, USA
Vi-Jon, LLC the nation’s oldest private label manufacturer in the health and beauty sector, is now a 100% employee-owned company!
Through our new Employee Stock Ownership Plan, or ESOP, every Vi-Jon team member is now an owner of the business, bringing us back to our roots as a family-oriented organization, founded in 1908 by John and Viola Brunner. The new ESOP continues our belief of rewarding our employees for their commitment and dedication.
We proudly manufacture a variety of health, personal care and hygiene products, including hand sanitizer (private label and our flagship brand, Germ-X ®), isopropyl alcohol, anti-bacterial soaps, and other essential hand hygiene products. Our diverse group of employee-owners work diligently at manufacturing and distribution centers in the greater St. Louis area as well as just outside of Nashville in Smyrna, TN and in Mt. Juliet, TN, in order to guarantee our customers the quality and service they have come to expect from Vi-Jon.
Job Title: Maintenance Line Mechanic 3 – PM Shift - 4:45pm to 5:00am - includes hourly wage starting at $28.00 per hour, $1.50 shift premium, and potential for monthly bonus payout. This is an alternating work schedule where an employees is on a 2-2-3 day schedule.
The Maintenance Line Mechanic 3 is responsible to perform set up, routine maintenance, adjustments, troubleshooting and repairs on liquid fill production line equipment (fillers cappers and labelers), pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical machines.
• Behavior: Team player qualities of cooperation and coordination, professional interaction with all business contacts all day, every day.
• Attendance: Exceptional attendance is a mandatory requirement. Eight hour day including extra hours daily; Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
• Safety: Comply with all requirements of the safety program, including: hazard recognition, housekeeping, accident and near miss reporting, proper use of all safety equipment and procedures, adherence to all Safety Rules and your reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
• Change parts; set up and adjust lines for various products; monitor line as time permits or as directed.
• Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties; make the necessary repairs and adjustments.
• Wash out fillers between products.
• Make the necessary adjustments for fillers, cappers, and labelers.
• Inform supervisors of parts and equipment used and needed for replacement.
• Ensure proper torque fills and overall quality by initiating contact with quality control.
• Perform routine daily maintenance such as greasing, oiling, changing belts; perform established periodic preventative maintenance.
• Process and store hazardous, flammable material such as nail polish remover, etc. in accordance with established local, state and federal guidelines.
• Have the ability to operate machine shop equipment in a timely and safe manner.
• Must be able to diagnose electrical issues such as fuses, boards, drives, and motors. Mechanic must be able to change or repair these items.
• Must be proficient in operations and repair all robotic automation.
• Have the ability to step in as a backup Lead Mechanic on weekends or absences.
• Required to work a flexible work schedule when needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three years of similar maintenance/mechanical experience or two year trade school/Associate Degree in a related mechanical field.
Education: High School Diploma/GED/or Equivalent. Basic math and reading skills ability to work from drawings, schedules, and the ability to make some interpretation.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Filler, capper, labeler, bander, tape machine, unscrambler, drill, grinder, and a variety of hand tools.
Physical Demands: Requires lifting small parts weighing 25 to 60 lbs by hand, a variety of physical movement necessary to repair and install machinery.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker will be exposed to ambient noise level in a manufacturing environment. Worker exposed to physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts. Worker occasionally exposed to atmospheric conditions such as fumes. An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.