Material Handling Specialist 2nd Shift (2:45pm - 11:00pm)
- 225 Fountain Lakes Industrial Dr, St Charles, MO 63301, USA
Vi-Jon, LLC the nation’s oldest private label manufacturer in the health and beauty sector, is now a 100% employee-owned company!
Through our new Employee Stock Ownership Plan, or ESOP, every Vi-Jon team member is now an owner of the business, bringing us back to our roots as a family-oriented organization, founded in 1908 by John and Viola Brunner. The new ESOP continues our belief of rewarding our employees for their commitment and dedication.
We proudly manufacture a variety of health, personal care and hygiene products, including hand sanitizer (private label and our flagship brand, Germ-X ®), isopropyl alcohol, anti-bacterial soaps, and other essential hand hygiene products. Our diverse group of employee-owners work diligently at manufacturing and distribution centers in the greater St. Louis area as well as just outside of Nashville in Smyrna, TN and in Mt. Juliet, TN, in order to guarantee our customers the quality and service they have come to expect from Vi-Jon.
Job Title: Material Handler Specialist – 2ND SHIFT (2:45 pm - 11:00 pm).
Pay: Starting pay is at $15.00 per hour with the potential to increase depending upon experience, plus $1.50 shift differential and potential for a monthly bonus payout.
POSITION SUMMARY: Directly supporting the Cell Lead, the line lead reviews and verifies the quality and quantity of product on a production line. Keeps line workers informed on daily production needs and procedures; assists the maintenance function by directing resources to prepare and adjust the equipment on assigned production lines; assigns in the training and development of production personnel; responsible for ensure all team members are working safely.
- Knowledge of warehouse, packaging clerk, technical skills and planning functions preferred.
- Ability to perform formula changes (rinses, pushes and sanitation)
- Ability to establish a consistent production flow and assure that the line is achieving maximum OEE.
- Sets a good example in attendance, work habits, safety, housekeeping and personal appearance.
- Knows and can perform the job duties on the assigned lines to include monitor fill levels and torques.
- Assigns line workers to their position on the production line and provide instruction as required.
- Perform production start-up, provide continuous monitoring of the line operation and products produced, and line workers performance.
- Verify the accuracy of the production tickets being placed on each completed pallet.
- Follow safety rules and monitor safety procedures and ensure the line workers' compliance.
- Monitor component requirements and request timely delivery to the production line.
- Rotate the line workers into different positions on the production line.
- Direct line workers on procedures for reworking errors.
- Inform the mechanic when equipment problems occur or of the needed parts for replacement.
- Perform TQM testing at specified time interval for specific gravity, box coder information, label, seal, volume, proper torque, production stamp coding, etc. and overall quality.
- Complete TQM documentation.
- Instruct new Temporary Associates on starting and stopping the equipment.
- Ensure all team members are GMP compliant.
- Ensure line runs with minimal downtime.
- Ensure team is performing their job functions efficiently and effectively.
- Teach new Temporary Associates how to perform different jobs on the line.
- Keep work areas clean; pick up debris
- Make minor adjustments on machines i.e. tape and label machine, and occasionally capper.
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to work with team members and personnel from other areas to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to train and coordinate routine operation of the packaging to accomplish and production goals.
- Ability to prioritize the day and work independently.
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function. Work hours may extend pass normal business hours based on the workload of the department.
- Strict compliance and enforcement of all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of all production equipment (scrambler, labeler, video jet, hot stamp, capper, taper, etc.). 5s, OEE concept. SAP knowledge preferred. Proficient with MS Office products. Basic math and verbal skills required (assessment administered).
Experience: Minimum of six months production line manufacturing experience with demonstrated understanding of the position on the production lines and no safety violations.
Physical Demands / Visual Acuity: Standing and walking-the position requires you to be on your feet the entire shift; other activities are, stooping, reaching, grasping, hearing, talking, pushing, pulling, kneeling. Frequent lifting boxes/bundles from 5 to 16 lbs. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus. Requires continuous visual and mental attention.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker will be exposed to ambient noise level in a manufacturing environment. Worker exposed to physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts. Worker occasionally exposed to atmospheric conditions such as fumes.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.