Material Handling Specialist DIST - 1st Shift 5:45am-2:00pm
- 225 Fountain Lakes Industrial Dr, St Charles, MO 63301, USA
Vi-Jon, LLC the nation’s oldest private label manufacturer in the health and beauty sector, is now a 100% employee-owned company!
Through our new Employee Stock Ownership Plan, or ESOP, every Vi-Jon team member is now an owner of the business, bringing us back to our roots as a family-oriented organization, founded in 1908 by John and Viola Brunner. The new ESOP continues our belief of rewarding our employees for their commitment and dedication.
We proudly manufacture a variety of health, personal care and hygiene products, including hand sanitizer (private label and our flagship brand, Germ-X ®), isopropyl alcohol, anti-bacterial soaps, and other essential hand hygiene products. Our diverse group of employee-owners work diligently at manufacturing and distribution centers in the greater St. Louis area as well as just outside of Nashville in Smyrna, TN and in Mt. Juliet, TN, in order to guarantee our customers the quality and service they have come to expect from Vi-Jon.
Job Title: Material Handling Specialist – FDC – 1st Shift 5:45am - 2:00pm
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour and potential for monthly bonus payout
POSITION SUMMARY: The Material Handling Specialist has the responsibility of supporting the Distribution Warehouse efforts by selecting, stacking, storing, loading, unloading and moving goods on and off a forklift within the warehouse. Adherence to cGMP, SOP, D.O.T., and Organizational Safety compliance is a must.
- Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
- Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function.
- Safety: Your compliance with all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential.
- Unloads trailer while following all operating and safety guidelines for the equipment and building.
- Maintains forklift by performing thorough pre and post shift inspection.
- Load, unload trucks; move rows of components from racks on floor to storage; operate pallet wrappers and other powered equipment; use computer to key various transactions; read dispatches; light cleaning of assigned areas.
- Selecting, stacking, storing, loading, unloading and moving goods in production, warehouse, manufacturing or other areas of company.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of all equipment used in handling components, raw wrappers, palletizers or any other powered equipment in the movement of raw materials, components, or finished goods.
- Enter data if required, count, sort, segregate, and otherwise keep track of materials in their respective work area.
- Ensures accurate counts and accuracy with all paperwork
- Ability to manually key in numbers in RF scanner accurately and correctly
- Meet or exceed the required minimum performance standards as set forth by each department.
- Examines everything in the warehouse for defects, dirt, and other detriments according to company policies.
- Adheres to pedestrian is always right and report any occurrences.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience: A minimum of one year consumer goods narrow aisle warehouse forklift operator experience or distribution warehouse, including the completion of shipping documents and data entry. A high school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge: Requires the ability to read and understand instructions, write, add and subtract. Knowledge of appropriate forklift regulations and safety rules is mandatory.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Forklift Truck, Computer and related programs.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Forklift operator certification or ability to obtain certification.
Physical Activities: Sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting, talking, hearing.
Physical Demands: Lifting pallets up to 60 lbs. by hand, stacking finished good cases on a pallet up to 30 lbs. / case by hand, replacing stretch film into the automatic wrapper up to 30 lbs. by hand, and moving pallets of products weighing up to 2000 lbs. with a forklift.
Visual Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker will be exposed to ambient noise level in a manufacturing environment. Worker exposed to physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts. Worker occasionally exposed to atmospheric conditions such as fumes. Warehouse conditions include temperatures ranging from the 30's (typically 40 F degrees in cold weather conditions, with appropriate clothing provided) to the 90's F (in hot weather conditions). Estimate time exposure to warehouse condition is 30%.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.