Team Lead, Quality Engineering
- 75 5th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are experiencing incredible growth in our second year in our current business model. We have signed some of the world’s most respected brands growing over 300% in 2020, a year that has been challenging for so many others.
Verusen is a leading technology company that uses artificial intelligence to provide visibility, digitization, and prediction of materials data and inventory for complex supply chains. The company’s AI software harmonizes disparate material data across ERP instances/systems while providing accurate MDM across the enterprise to optimize inventory costs. Intelligent controls enforce inventory procedures to help prevent future inventory spikes, while predictive capabilities optimize allocation and procurement needs. The result is a data foundation you can trust to move quickly to innovate and support related Industry 4.0 initiatives.
We are venture-backed by leading investors from San Francisco to Boston and are a Signature Company at Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). Partnerships including SAP and Accenture. Verusen is a portfolio company of SAP.iO.
We are seeking an experienced Team Lead to lead our new Quality Engineering team. As Team Lead for Quality Engineering, you will balance leading Quality Engineering best practices and people management for a team of three Quality Engineers. You will be responsible for growing the Quality Engineering team effectively, empowering Quality Engineers to represent new and improving test automation practices for our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery efforts.
Quality in Engineering at Verusen is not a service provided to Engineers - all team members are accountable for the quality of their deliverables. This effort must be led by subject matter experts and automation best practices, which requires a full-time focus on these efforts. Quality Engineers are those subject matter experts on each team, continuously driving improved practices and standards while assisting the team with test automation across service contracts, integration, system, and functional efforts.
As Quality Engineering is a new formality for Verusen, the Team Lead for Quality Engineering will also be responsible for identifying and advocating for improvements in test processes and standards, working with Engineering leadership to implement these efforts across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have strong automation experience in creating testing solutions for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines. Additionally, you should be able to lead a small team of Quality Engineers, ensuring consistency and growth across the teams.
As a rapidly growing SaaS product, Verusen depends on the capabilities of its Quality Engineering team to ensure we can deliver quality functionality to our customers as soon as it becomes available, working our way toward multivariate testing capabilities. As a Team Lead in the technical staff, you will be expected to pair frequently with team members, balancing growth and application in current Quality concepts. As a Team Lead, you will receive a mix of well-structured and abstract problems to solve, working with other leaders and team members to collaborate and implement effective and scalable solutions.
- Develop Quality Engineering processes and procedures, advocating for QA and QE across all development teams
- Direct Quality Engineering teams in their application of best practices and the quality of their deliverables
- Measure team capabilities through quantified mechanisms, such as bug count, on-call pages, issues, coverage, and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery capabilities
- Partner with Product and Engineering on release practices and schedules, ensuring testing is owned and completed with each increment of the platform delivered
- Improve processes for Quality Engineering and participate in practice improvements within the Engineering department
- Drive career growth for direct reports
- Manage the Quality Engineering team as a servant leader, driving 1:1s, alleviating impediments, building affirmation for key deliverables, and advocating for team members in the organization
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (or equivalent experience with hands-on Quality Engineering and test automation)
- 1+ years of experience leading small teams
- Experience in developing improved Quality Engineering test automation strategies and implementing them to success
- Hands-on experience creating successful test automation suites and partnering Engineering teams in this effort
- Experience partnering with Engineers and leaders to collaborate on solutions to improve platform Quality
- Applicable knowledge of new and emerging technologies in the Quality Engineering and automation domains
- Experience participating in standards and governance within an organization
- Experience with mentorship capabilities in Quality Engineering functions
- Analytical mindset and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Positive approach, good culture fit, and a passion for Quality Engineering and automation
- Good communication skills, including the ability to influence peers across the organization to drive growth.
- Supply Chain experience a plus
- Rapid Growth and/or Startup experience a plus
What we Offer:
· A dynamic, fun start-up culture
· Equity incentives
· Work Flexibility
· Free Parking
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K benefits
· Paid Holidays and unlimited PTO
· Great work/life balance
· Office in ATDC at Georgia Tech
At Verusen, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support a diverse culture, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For more information about the Company, check us out at www.verusen.com.