Principal Data Engineer
- 75 5th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are experiencing incredible growth in our second year in our current business model. We have signed some of the world’s most respected brands growing over 300% in 2020, a year that has been challenging for so many others.
Verusen is a leading technology company that uses artificial intelligence to provide visibility, digitization, and prediction of materials data and inventory for complex supply chains. The company’s AI software harmonizes disparate material data across ERP instances/systems while providing accurate MDM across the enterprise to optimize inventory costs. Intelligent controls enforce inventory procedures to help prevent future inventory spikes, while predictive capabilities optimize allocation and procurement needs. The result is a data foundation you can trust to move quickly to innovate and support related Industry 4.0 initiatives.
We are venture-backed by leading investors from San Francisco to Boston and are a Signature Company at Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). Partnerships including SAP and Accenture. Verusen is a portfolio company of SAP.iO.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Data Engineer to join our team. As a Data Engineer, you will use various methods, building automation for data in motion and data at rest, in converting raw data into useful systems. You will be responsible for creating and furthering efficient and effective algorithms, as well as their implementations in data lakes, pipelines, and other implementations.
You should have strong analytical skills and the ability to create effective solutions in abstract spaces. We use Python and Java-based technologies in the implementation of its solutions, and you should have familiarity with both. Our product is a Big Data SaaS solution, and in this role, you will need to be experienced in the following: creating implementations with large datasets; efficient and current data transport technologies, and implementations of best practices for read and write-based schemas.
As an AI-driven product, Verusen depends on the capabilities of its Data Engineering team to drive best practices and innovative solutions for our supply chain initiatives. As a Principal Member of the technical staff, you will be expected to drive mentorship and compound growth in the Data Engineering team. As a Principal, you will often receive the most-abstract and most-complex problems to solve, and will drive success in our most innovative areas, as your day-to-day work will be directly tied to the value our customers realize.
- Act as subject matter expert in Data Pipelines and Data Storage solutions
- Implement efficient algorithms and drive best practices for Verusen’s Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities
- Partner with Data Science, Product, and Engineering teams to create value for our customers
- Incorporate new and leading technologies into the platform to better-solve active problems
- Mentor other team members on best practices and data governance
- Represent standards and governance in the company for Data Engineering
- Act as a stakeholder in the Verusen product, recommending new channels of value for our customers from Data Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar experience; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Experience working with Python and Java-based technologies for Big Data
- Significant experience implementing and building solutions with Data Algorithms, Data Pipelines, and Data Lakes
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL database designs
- Proven capability to create efficient, scalable solutions for SaaS-type solutions
- Experience partnering with Data Science to collaborate on solutions for AI and ML
- Strong knowledge of new and emerging technologies in the Data Engineering space
- Demonstrable standards and governance through organizational leadership
- Advanced mentorship capabilities with same- and cross-functional groups
- Analytical mindset and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Positive approach, good culture fit, and a passion for Data Engineering
- Good communication skills
- Supply Chain experience a plus
- Rapid Growth and/or Startup experience a plus
What we Offer:
· A dynamic, fun start-up culture
· Equity incentives
· Work Flexibility
· Free Parking
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K benefits
· Paid Holidays and unlimited PTO
· Great work/life balance
· Office in ATDC at Georgia Tech
At Verusen, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support a diverse culture, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For more information about the Company, check us out at www.verusen.com.