Backend Software Engineer
- 75 5th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Verusen is a startup producing AI parts inventory optimization software-as-a-service that makes it easy for enterprises to manage their maintenance and repair operations (MRO). We've raised millions in venture funding from both Silicon Valley and Boston and are growing fast. Are you a driven, and productive software engineer interested in being a part of that growth?
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding efficient, productive, and smart folks that you will get the work done with and support each other, every single day.
The team is obsessed with shipping quality software on time, every time. There is not much in the way of red tape; thus, the team can concentrate on fast delivery with tremendous impact in the industry.
What we are looking for:
A Senior Software Engineer with 3+ years of Backend development experience of complex enterprise applications. The right person should be proficient with Python, a skilled practitioner of test-driven development, and have SQL/PostgreSQL experience. You don’t need to be an AI/ML expert, but you should be willing to learn to work well with our data science experts.
Who you are
You are looking for a high-performance team, and are not afraid to work hard to ship software on-time, every time. Your passion and commitment to accomplishing goals are rewarded, equally and beyond your base salary, by a large stock option grant only possible in a startup.
You take responsibility for your success and failure, and are comfortable with making decisions to make excellent software. You are creative and enjoy problem solving.
You work hard, enjoying the sense of accomplishment and financial reward that comes from team success. You understand that we may fail alone, but can only succeed together with the right team.
Write clean, maintainable, thoroughly tested code
Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
Influence product design and architecture
Collaborate with the front end and data science teams to deliver new features
Integrate and ship quality code daily
Identify, incorporate, and communicate best practices
Participate in code review
- 3+ years of Software Development experience, comfort with Python
- Strong automated test and debugging skills
- Understanding of fundamental design principles in building scalable applications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within development teams
- Experience building secure and reliable cloud-based SaaS applications
- Expert with SQL schema and query authoring
- Proficiency with Git
- Deadline and detail-oriented - bias to ship
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able / willing to work onsite in Midtown, ATDC, Atlanta, GA
Nice To Have
- Experience with Python frameworks such Flask and SQLAlchemy
- Production experience in a containerized environment (Heroku, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Database experience with PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience developing highly-scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) software and deployments
- Experience in a startup environment
The majority of our product is written in Python. We use a variety of Python ML and numerical frameworks, such as Keras, Tensorflow, Numpy, Scipy, and Pandas. We use PostgreSQL as our primary database, and a variety of AWS cloud services.
- Competitive salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 15 Days PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Partial remote work options
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Verusen is an ATDC Signature company located in Tech Square in Midtown Atlanta.