Vice President of Sales
- 75 5th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Verusen is a leading technology company that uses artificial intelligence to provide visibility, digitization and prediction of materials data and inventory for complex supply chains. The company’s AI software harmonizes disparate material data across ERP instances/systems while providing accurate MDM across the enterprise to optimize inventory costs. Intelligent controls enforce inventory procedures to help prevent future inventory spikes, while predictive capabilities optimize allocation and procurement needs. The result is a data foundation you can trust to move quickly to innovate and support related Industry 4.0 initiatives.
The company vision is to build the intelligent connected supply chain, where all parts can exchange digital materials data throughout the supply chain and receive the intelligence, they need to run their global organizations. Currently focus verticals and customers include leading CPG, Aviation and Automotive organizations.
Verusen is Venture backed by leading investors including Zetta Venture Partners (SF), Glasswing Ventures (Boston) and Engage Ventures (ATL) and are currently a Signature Company @ Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). Their partnerships include SAP, Capgemini, and they are a portfolio company of SAP.iO.
For more information about the company, check us out at www.verusen.com
As the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for the company’s revenue generation, new customer acquisition strategy, current account expansion, and overall sales. The VP of Sales needs to be self-motivated, take responsibility, and first and foremost be passionate about sales and building a successful sales team. Success will be measured by new customer acquisition, as well as existing customer up-sell, and customer adoption of the Verusen product portfolio.
The position is measured by, and expected to achieve, all agreed upon revenue and sales goals for the company. This is an executive level position that will report directly to the CEO.
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a comprehensive sales plan to build pipeline, close deals and to expand existing customer accounts and deployments. Develop, close and oversee pilot programs and ensure win-win relationships
- Develop and implement a clear playbook on how best to predict pipeline and hold your team to the metrics you put forth
- Work closely with and hire your direct reports in direct sales, sales development– provide mentoring, training and direction.
- Have the demonstrated ability to hire winning teams and motivate them accordingly.
- Deliver aggressive sales plan by segment and individual. Make sure compensation plans drive desired behavior
- Deliver reports on the sales team’s execution; proactively address any variances to plan
- Monitor overall sales pipeline and market segment pipelines to insure high probability for quarterly revenue achievement
- Be an exemplary brand champion and work closely with Marketing to maximize brand awareness and lead generation possibilities
- Overall management of sales team activity:
- Team pipelines (weekly reviews, mentoring, and identify obstacles which you can help them overcome. Work to accelerate time to close)
- Ensure adoption of CRM (SalesForce/Salesloft) and that all reporting is done in a timely manner
- Ensure the sales team can all easily articulate Verusen’s value proposition
- Regularly review individual performance, ensure everyone’s time is used properly
- Analyze assignments of accounts and territory management for maximum results
- Implement process improvement opportunities so direct reports have more true sales time
- Accountability for all sales policies and processes and revenue.
- Increase sales in assigned markets and verticals.
- Take responsibility for learning plan - from day one, take control of your own learning by feeding your natural curiosity to learn Verusen technology
- Monitor regional competitors and provide feedback to global marketing and product teams
- Travel will be required (Approximately 50%)
• A highly motivated consultative sales leader with a proven track record of success in SaaS sales and management of high-velocity teams, Start-up experience preferred
• 5+ years of SaaS / information technology sales leadership and individual success in a sales role
• Prior success managing and building winning SaaS sales teams
• Advanced industry insight in the markets Verusen operates in including Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Industrial Distribution.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
• Natural marketing instincts – knows how to drive new business opportunities
• Hands-on, able to succeed in a highly entrepreneurial, fast paced-environment
• Excellent interpersonal, mentoring, coaching, planning, and organizational skills
• Ambitious and have a desire to succeed within a fast-growing SaaS company
• Highly motivated and self-disciplined
What we offer
- A key founding team role as part of an exciting growth journey
- Learning from the best - passionate co-workers and a hands-on and engaged leadership team
- Great colleagues and a social working environment in Downtown Atlanta
- A competitive salary, equity and commission model
- Health/dental/vision coverage