- Belfast, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire experienced IT Project Managers who can help us further develop our strong footing in the business consulting domain specifically within cloud transformations.
The ideal candidate will come from a project management or business consulting background and have at least 6 years’ project management experience in large scale systems development and deployment projects in a variety of sectors. The candidate should be experienced in full development project life cycle implementations and have experience working with a relevant methodology. The ability to manage Fixed Price engagements is preferable.
Possessing excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, the candidate will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation and an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. A team player and self-motivated, the candidate will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
Version 1 requires an experienced IT Software Project Manager to join their expanding PM Capability Team.
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Preparing a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification.
- Undertaking standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a Project Initiation Document.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
You will have:
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities, 6+ years of PM experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PRINCE 2 or PMP and practical experience of same.
- Experience in driving the implementation of new Business Processes to support adoption of new technology.
- Budget management, commercial and Customer experience.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Excellent team motivator.
- Proven track record in successfully delivery fixed price engagements.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, an advantage.
- Experience in using standard Project Management and MS Office tools inc. MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!