Technology Principal - Capital Markets
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are 2500+ leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. We are celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values.
We are seeking an experienced Technology Principal with Financal Services experience to join our UK Digital & Cloud Practice and work alongside our Digital, Data and Platform Practice Leads. Our Digital Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals and also shape the Practice’s strategic direction in regard of technology solutions and service lines with a focus on Cloud technology (Azure & AWS) .
- Proven breath of experience and accountability across various types of technology deliveries e.g., digital transformation, app modernisation, product development within the Financial Services / Capital Markets industry
- Proven experience across architecture, engineering, integration, and cloud (AWS & Azure) technologies.
- Experience in managing and leading large/complex technical workstreams within multi-supplier engagements.
- Practical engineering background - you can lead development teams, resolve technical issues, and prioritise non-functional requirements to ensure successful technical delivery.
- Able to establish excellence in technical delivery, identify and mitigate risks early on and recover challenged technical deliveries.
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly with senior stakeholders, to negotiate, influence and shape positive technology outcomes.
- Commercial and business awareness to drive business growth across an account, via pre-sales activities such as preparing and delivering presentations, writing technical and commercial documents and assist in project forecasting, planning, estimation, and delivery.
- Able to prioritise your time across multiple engagements, particularly when working to deadlines.
- A demonstrated ability in managing, coaching, and developing junior members of your team, including performance management activities.
- Be involved in the tech community and an active observer of latest trends and technologies.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!