QA/Test Automation Consultant
- Belfast, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
- Work with automated test tools and programming languages, in particular, Selenium, Behave and Python.
- Automation of both UI and Backend as required
- Manage and grow the current automated regression / CI test suite
- Participate proactively in daily stand-up meetings, story grooming sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Provide input into the Test Strategy / Test Plan documents
- Configuration of Test Environments and Test Data
- Drive product quality by capturing, escalating and pursuing resolution on defects
- Communicate test results, metrics and risk assessments to project stakeholders
- Clearly demonstrate root cause analysis, issue resolution, escalation and risk mitigation
- 3 - 5 years' experience in software testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working on Cloud Migration projects, ideally with AWS
- Experience in writing feature files (Behave / Cucumber)
- Knowledge / experience in TDD / BDD
- Test automation skills and knowledge of automated test tools for online applications, specifically Selenium with Python
- Exposure to building and executing tests within an agile continuous integration environment
- Experience using CI/DevOps Tools – GIT / Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of the breadth of different types of testing such as System, Functional, Integration, Performance, Regression, Unit, Manual, and Automation.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!