Infrastructure Technical Lead - Red Hat Stack
- Edinburgh, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 2000+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
- Lead an infrastructure implementation team on a range of projects within an overall program of work
- Review project technical deliverables for quality
- Work with our Senior Infrastructure and Solution Architects to turn the customers brief into low level technical designs and solutions
- Work with the Infrastructure project manager to develop the required project approach, phases, deliverables, tasks and estimates
- Coordinate with Third Parties (e.g. Networking service provider) to identify project integration touchpoints and agree their scopes of work
The Infrastructure Technical Lead MUST have the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual with a project consultant and solution orientated mindset
- 5+ years of infrastructure design and consultancy experience
- Strong documentation skills with particular focus on technical designs
- Proven team management, organisational, analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - can describe complex technical concepts/issues with non-technical stakeholders
Mandatory Technical Skills
Design and consultancy experience in the following:
- Building containerised Microservice Architectures using Kubernetes (ideally Red Hat OpenShift 4.x)
- Building highly available API services (ideally Red Hat 3Scale and SSO)
- DevOps concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD pipeline automation)
- Security Concepts and Standards (PCI an advantage)
- Build Automation using Ansible
Desirable Technical Skills
Exposure to other technical components and technologies in the clients estate would be beneficial but not mandatory:
- Redis/Sentinel, Red Hat Data Grid, MariaDB Galera, HA-Proxy, NetScaler services integration, SSL certificates, IdM server management, MSAD integration
- VMware ESXI and SRM
- SAN technologies (ideally EMC VNX5200 family)
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Candidates must hold valid work permit or EU passport.