Oracle ERP/SCM Solution Architect
- Redditch, UK
- Department: Oracle Applications
Version 1 is ranked as the 3rd Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have been ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 2000 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
As an ERP or SCM Solutions Architect, you’ll have extensive financials and/or supply chain management experience within both Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle ERP/SCM Cloud and will provide solution leadership in your role within a wide variety of contexts from pre-sales, through architectural process and tooling design, and customer solution design. You will report to the Head of Oracle Solutions Architecture and work with senior colleagues across the delivery and commercial sections of the practice and be part of a team of 400+ ERP/SCM/HCM consultants across Version1. The Oracle Solution Architecture team (currently 7 strong but growing organically) supports both our Applications Unlimited and Cloud practices, from pre-sales proposals, solution evaluations and recommendations, through to quality assurance, governance, and best practice.
You’ll likely have held senior consulting roles in the past working directly with customers or with other systems integrators, and you will be passionate about defining and developing solutions which meet customer challenges and understand the commercial balance required to deliver these solutions. You will be a high energy, high impact individual comfortable with balancing the demands of multiple assignments and working as both a lone contributor and leading assignments and developing people.
Programme Architectures and Assurance:
- You’ll have responsibility for the solution architectures for one or more of our customers engagements across Oracle ERP/SCM Cloud Applications and/or Oracle E-Business Suite, ensuring they will deliver the needs of the customers through a commercially viable approach. You will be responsible for assuring solutions.
- Specifying and assuring both end-to-end and component solutions as well as integration architectures
- Peer-review designs and solutions and provide constructive practical feedback to enhance the outcome for the customer from a quality, speed, effectiveness, and resilience perspective.
- Identify and manage key risks relevant to the solutions or architectures of engagements.
- Be a leader in providing innovative solutions to customer problems. When our consultants have a complex requirement from a customer that they are not sure can be technically delivered, you will be the one to come up with a way of making it happen.
- Collaborating with project and programme managers with planning and resourcing.
- You will contribute to the development of key artefacts, methodologies and tools which form solution designs and standards for the delivery of Oracle ERP/SCM Cloud solutions. A primary objective of the role will be to enhance our ability to repeat effective approaches, best practices, and delivery models.
- Lead on continuous development and enhancement of new and existing tools or automated approaches which make our solutions compelling for customers.
- Contribute to developing the governance and structure across all solutions, artefacts, and knowledge management tools to maximise repeatability and effective sharing of solutions and resource.
- Provide respected and innovative thought leadership for peers, practice, and our customers.
- Work with our innovation function to continuously look ahead at how we can stay ahead in delivering world-class solutions for customers.
Pre-Sales and business development:
- You will contribute to the technology solution for RFI, RFP and bid responses, helping to deliver creative, engaging, winning bid collateral. Your insight will be one of the reasons we will win.
- Bring knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, budgeting processes and risk management to the creation of a compelling solution and approach for our customers.
- Host customer meetings to understand and articulate business impact of technical strategies or approaches for the customer to guide them to the best way forward for their business.
- Attend conferences, deliver webinars and work with Oracle to develop the Version 1 brand as a leading implementer of Oracle Fusion. You will be sought out as a specialist in this space.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered. UK or Ireland office base but all remote working currently
Permanent applications only. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!