ERP L1 Service Desk Consultant
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The successful candidate will work alongside Level 1 Oracle E-business DBA, Functional and Technical Consultants. This role will be part of an initiative to create stability and continuity on the Level 1 team with this being a long-term permanent position as a Level 1 consultant.
The successful candidate ideally has some experience in Oracle E-business or similar ERP type application.
The candidate should be customer focused and process driven with great documentation skills. The role will be office based with a future requirement to complete some limited customer onsite support.
- Service Desk shift – Triaging new incidents in call logging system ServiceNow
- Level 1 support for our customers ERP Systems – user setups, initial troubleshooting, gathering additional information
- Co-ordination and contribution to the monthly and weekly scheduled customer status reports
- Management of the monthly and weekly reporting cycle
- Ensuring CSIP/customer recommendations are up to date and driven through
- Liaising with marketing and senior management on newsletter items to be included
- Driving KPI and ISO - Ensure that ServiceNow tickets are kept up-to-date and accurate and ensure that all notes and associated information relating to calls are added to the system in an appropriate manner and agreed customer SLAs are met
- Assist with creating knowledge documentation and sharing knowledge with the team Liaise with 3rd party Service Providers on incidents
- Project support – assist with testing or supervised configuration where required
- Adhering to client operational procedures and conducting daily checks
- Driving initiatives to streamline our processes.
- IT related degree or higher education qualification.
- Candidates MUST have a desire to develop their career within the IT services industry, beginning with Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and work to service level agreements
- Ability to work as part of a team or to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
- Individual will display Drive, initiative, organizational skills, pro-activity and a keenness to learn
- Proven ability with IT systems (bespoke or packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to collect, organize, analyse, and publish data whilst collecting details of any follow-on activity
- An ability to adopt and adhere to client policies, procedures and deadlines, whilst multi-tasking
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous customer service role/technical support role advantageous
- Experience of working effectively within a team and of displaying good communication skills.
- Previous exposure (and certification) to IT industry level tools and methodologies. E.g. Software delivery Lifecycle, ITIL, SCRUM, Agile.
- 2 years’ experience of Oracle e-Business Suite (Financials or SCM)
- Previous experience of using/writing SQL queries (or an equivalent language)
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!