AWS Cloud Engineer
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
You will be playing a key role as an AWS Cloud Engineer for Version 1 in our burgeoning Cloud Practice.
- Support multiple clients across multiple technologies
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Consult with customers and across a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures.
- Work within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills arising from customer facing and on-site experience.
- Very strong verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Project management skills with experience in stakeholder and communications management.
- Escalation point for major incidents/investigations.
- Infrastructure as Code automation experience with Terraform, Ansible or Cloudformation
- AWS certification or certifications
- AWS core services experience including Compute and Networking, Storage and CDN, Database on EC2/RDS, Application Services, Deployment and/or Management
- Experience in a Cloud role with the AWS experience of being an AWS Cloud Engineer
- Good broad technical knowledge across Public Cloud
- SC Eligible
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!