Senior Java Developer
- Redditch, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our agile development team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software development. These roles are working with greenfield projects where you will have the opportunities to recommend and champion the use of new technologies whether for direct use in products or in supporting the development lifecycle. You should be hands on, able to contribute individually and should have experience within a fast pace dynamic environment. We use the latest JAVA technologies and tools – SOA Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Hibernate and Spring.
- Planning and estimation of development tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Implement solutions as per technical design for new features and changes to existing components
- Participate in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements to existing applications
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality standards
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements to existing software development, testing and deployment processes
- Ability to work hands on in a fast-paced, agile work environment supporting your colleagues as required
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams
- 8+ years’ experience in Java development
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team in an agile environment
- Strong database and MySQL development experience
- Be flexible and hardworking both independently and as part of a team
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies
- Work with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE FOR THIS ROLE:
- Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, Jackson, Mapstruct
- MySQL, MongoDB (similar), SQL
- JMS, (AWS [SQS, SNS]), Security,
- JSON, SOAP, Maven, Docker
- JUnit, Mockito
- Jira, Confluence, Agile, Scrum
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!