Chief Oracle ERP Cloud Architect
- Ireland, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Oracle Applications
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1500 strong, €160m/£138m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our Cloud Applications practice is growing at a rapid pace driven by the needs of our customers to embrace SaaS solutions to modernise and digitise the back office to provide greater agility and value in complex and ever-changing environments. Career development opportunities abound, working not just with new technologies but in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
As the Chief Cloud Architect for Oracle Cloud SaaS Applications, you’ll be a senior leader within the Oracle Cloud Applications team and will provide both solution and people leadership in your role. You will report directly to the Practice Head and work with senior colleagues across the delivery and commercial sections of the practice. You’ll likely have held senior consulting roles in the past working directly with customers or with other systems integrators, and you will be passionate about defining and developing solutions which meet customer challenges and understand the commercial balance required to deliver these solutions. You’ll be a high energy, high impact individual comfortable with balancing the demands of multiple assignments and working as both a lone contributor and also leading and developing a team.
The role will be divided across three areas of responsibility. For the role to be successful, we anticipate you’ll need to dedicate an equal amount of time to each. You will achieve objectives by delivering through and with others by constantly prioritising and ensuring that across the practice that we remain focused on the right areas.
- You’ll need to have deep knowledge of the Oracle Cloud Applications (ERPM & HCM) product set and the associated integration and analytics technologies required to deliver end to end SaaS solutions. It is likely that you will have a specialisation in one and broad knowledge of the others across ERP Financials, HCM and EPM.
- You’ll have a track record of designing enterprise-wide IT roadmaps for an ERP\HCM landscape, and likely experience in the development of roadmaps for enterprises.
- You’ll have delivered Oracle Cloud solutions within a multi-supplier, multi-year, multi-release environment.
- You’ll have knowledge of the business processes e.g. procure-to-pay, payroll, HCM.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems across SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, API, data and analytics.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to land key decisions with C-Suite level senior leaders and key business stakeholders
- You must have experience in a consulting System Integrator environment
- You’ll be able to point to examples where you have influenced additional pull-through business through your work with customers.
- Post Covid-19, you’ll be happy to travel across the UK and Ireland to customer or prospective customer sites to spend time understanding their challenging and shaping their solutions.
Programme Architectures and Assurance:
- You’ll have overall accountability for the solution architectures for all customers engagements across Oracle ERP, EPM and HCM Cloud Applications, ensuring they will deliver the needs of the customers through a commercially viable approach. You’ll be responsible for assuring all solutions.
- Peer-review designs and solutions and provide constructive practical feedback to enhance the outcome for the customer from a quality, speed, effectiveness, and resilience perspective.
- Identify and manage key risks relevant to the solutions or architectures of engagements
- Be a leader in providing innovative solutions to customer problems. When our consultants have a complex requirement from a customer that they aren’t sure can be technically delivered, you’ll be the one to come up with a way of making it happen.
- You’ll co-ordinate and develop key artefacts, methodologies and tools which form solution designs and standards for the delivery of Oracle ERP, EPM and HCM Cloud solutions. A primary objective of the role will be to enhance our ability to repeat effective approaches, best practices and delivery models.
- Lead on continuously development and enhancement of new and existing tools or automated approaches which make our solutions compelling for customers.
- Put governance and structure in place across all solutions, artefacts and knowledge management tools to maximise repeatability and effective sharing of solutions and resource.
- Provide respected and innovative thought leadership for peers, practice and our customers.
- Work with our innovation function to continuously look ahead at how we can stay ahead in delivering world-class solutions for customers.
- Manage directly and indirectly a team of architects and senior consultants; developing the skills and careers of our people through effective mentoring and coaching is essential in the role.
Pre-Sales and business development:
- You’ll lead the technology solution for RFI, RFP and bid responses, delivering creative, engaging, winning bid collateral. Your insight will be one of the reasons we will win.
- Bring knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, budgeting processes and risk management to the creation of a compelling solution and approach for our customers.
- Host customer meetings to understand and articulate business impact of particular technical strategies or approaches for the customer to guide them to the best way forward for their business.
- Attend conferences, deliver webinars and work with Oracle to develop the Version 1 brand as a leading implementer of Oracle Fusion. You’ll be sought out as a specialist in this space.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered. Remote working currently- UK, Ireland or India base office
Permanent applications only. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!