Power BI Consultant
- Redditch, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering business intelligence projects with enterprise level organisations. This is a great opportunity to progress existing skills with a leading Microsoft Gold, Oracle Platinum, Qlik and Tableau partner to name but a few. It is a position with excellent career prospects and may suit an experienced developer moving or recently moved into consulting as a career.
Version 1 designs, implements and manages a range of business intelligence and analytics solutions on behalf of our clients. We are searching for a business intelligence senior developer with the ability to apply their technical knowledge and consulting experience as part of our client’s programme of work.
As a Business Intelligence and analytics team member, you will be expected to take a senior developer role on our client’s business intelligence engagements. Candidates will have a strong understanding of BI and implementing solutions with an emphasis of working in client facing environments.
Typically the role will involve development on the Microsoft SQL Server platform and includes:
- Designing and implementing business intelligence technical solutions.
- ETL, data integration and data migration design and implementation.
- Master data management system and process design and implementation.
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology.
- Engages with the client to identify POC’s and new insights to bring value to the business.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively within a high performance team.
- Hands on experience with business intelligence and analytics tools, data modelling, data staging, and data extraction processes
- Experience and demonstrated competencies with multi-dimensional design, star schemas, facts and dimensions.
- Expertise in logical and physical data warehouse database design.
- Experience and demonstrated competencies in ETL development techniques.
- Experience in data warehouse performance optimization.
- Experience on projects across a variety of industry sectors an advantage.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Business intelligence and analytics certification an advantage.
Candidates should have 5+ years of BI and Analytics professional experience across a range of technologies including some or all:
- SQL Server
- Master Data Services
- Microsoft Azure
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!