IT Content Marketing Manager
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom, Ireland
- Department: Operations (HR, Finance, Marketing)
In this digital-first time of remote working Version 1 continues to pioneer transformative IT solutions for global brands that drive significant, sustained customer success. At Version 1, we are a people business. The game-changing IT services and solutions that we offer our clients wouldn’t be possible without great people leading the charge.
When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful both professionally and personally – wherever their time at Version 1 might take them. So, what makes a great Version 1 team member? Our employees have the ability to see what is really needed in every situation, the tenacity to question everything and to jump all hurdles in front of them, a total commitment to customer success and a never-ending desire to deliver results. They make a difference. And with almost 2000 difference makers on our team, we’re growing in number every day. Join us?
This newly created role is a key position in Version 1’s Marketing team, responsible for the development and implementation of the content strategy, content creation, as well as managing content distribution through direct & digital channels and PR. The Content Marketing Manager will manage a team of three Content Marketers and will require excellent interpersonal and communicative skills, as well as demonstrate sound leadership and decision-making ability.
You will work very closely with the Marketing team, and crucially, will collaborate with internal stakeholder groups such as Sales & Account Management, Recruitment, Employee Experience, HR, Service Delivery and Subject Matter Experts. You will also collaborate with external partners such as PR and Digital agencies, partners, and industry bodies. You will have excellent copywriting skills, a good understanding of content marketing, and a solid digital marketing background. This is the perfect role for someone who likes to grasp opportunities, is very self-motivated, versatile and loves getting things done.
Candidates must have experience of working in an IT environment or on technology-related projects, of people management and with multi-site teams.
- Develop an effective global content strategy and content roadmap, collaborating across departments globallyManage the overall content deployment schedule, ensuring all content is delivered and distributed accurately, to high quality, and on time
- Produce high-quality, insights-driven, regular, targeted, engaging and accessible content for all channels, including online, PR, events; content will include but won’t be limited to infographics, studies, whitepapers, blog posts, PR bylines, videos, award applications, case studies
- Write effective copy, adhering to editorial and respective channel guidelines, for a variety of use cases - e.g. white papers, blogs, website, case studies, award submissions, social media, email, newsletters
- Act as proof-reader and editor of content,
- Act a Version 1 Brand Guardian for Version 1’s Corporate, Employer and Equity brands
- Update and deploy content on CMS platform, social, and online profiles
- Measure and report on the performance of content marketing activities, and provide ongoing optimisations to improve content performance.
- Degree educated, preferably in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, PR, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English
- An understanding of technology, IT services, consulting, or professional services preferable
- Impeccable copywriting skills and experience of delivering compelling content across various formats (e.g reports, blogs, newsletter copy etc)
- Understanding of analytics and data interpretation
- Excellent inter-personal and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of coordinating work across teams
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Resilient and able to work in a highly demanding environment
- Innovative and creative thinker with ability to initiate and manage own projects with outstanding execution
- A hands-on approach to website content management and experience with CMS & writing for SEO
- Eager to learn new things, explore opportunities and find solutions with the resources available
- Line management experience (regardless of the team size) preferable
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!