Public Sector IT Business Analyst
- Belfast, UK
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to on-going expansion, we have an exciting new role for a public sector experienced IT Business Analyst.
You will help define and deliver a series of diverse key projects with the team. The roles present a dynamic and challenging opportunity to an experienced Business Analyst who wants to develop a closer alignment to our customer’s core business.
It's not just our vision to be the most successful IT consultancy ever, here at Version 1 we are already seeing it is truly achievable.
We are seeing unprecedented growth across several of our key practice areas. We are looking for talented individuals, who want a challenging, dynamic workplace environment with honesty & integrity, excellence and drive amongst our core values as well as a strong emphasis on our people and a work life balance.
We are looking to hire an IT Business Analyst for a permanent role but will also consider a long term contract.
- End to end project involvement from leading on workshops through to design and delivery phases.
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and work closely with business users in order to identify and translate their needs into solution designs and systems specifications.
- Produce detailed Business Requirement Specification Documents
- Stakeholder management across all levels from c-suite through to on-the-ground developers both internally and with the clients
- Support UAT during all phases of testing to ensure that the solutions are ready for release.
- Strong Business Analysis experience (ideally 5+ years in Financial Services).
- Proven track record in producing high quality Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes Mapping and documentation skills.
- Experience of reviewing Functional Specification Documents produced by peers (Peer Review) to ensure they align with Business Requirements Specification document.
- Previous experience with UML and Use Case Scenarios an advantage.
- Good project management skill with ability to plan and schedule own work and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills — be able to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
Crucially you MUST have experience working in a central government department or with the Government Digital Service's for an executive agency.
This role sits within a central government department so there is a requirement for security clearance, you must be able to provide evidence of being able to acquire SC clearance.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Please note that some security clearance must be attained for this position so valid right to work in the UK is essential