Front End Developer (with React)
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a talented Front End / UI Developer (React) to join our Development team who is highly motivated in combining the art of design with the art of programming. In joining our team of consultants, you will play a key part in the continual research, design, and development of our client's core products. We are looking for someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive technology transformation. The successful candidate should be hands-on, able to contribute individually, and should have experience within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Experience working closely with key stakeholders across the engineering team, including Architects, Product Owners and UX designers understanding and demonstrating how written requirements translate into a technical solution.
Develop interfaces for web and mobile applications Develop high quality, efficient, reusable code and libraries for future use.
Follow the agile development methodologies and practices.
Work closely with back-end developers to plan and deliver features in an efficient way.
Improve JS and CSS quality by conducting code analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working as a software engineer
- Experience developing applications using React and Typescript.
- High level of proficiency with CSS pre-processors such as SASS
- Experience writing readable, maintainable, and modular code
- Understanding of the importance of testing and the ability to implement and maintain unit tests for front end applications, ideally with React Testing Library
- Proficient in Git version control
- A passion for all things coding and in creating high-quality products
- A natural creative spark and affinity to building beautiful front ends
- Skilled in responsive design
Good to have:
- We are also looking for the following skills:
- Material UI
- Microsoft Azure
- UI/UX design experience
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!