Senior ERP Business Development Manager
- Redditch, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivaled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals. We deliver solutions to over 200 customers across all of the Oracle Application Pillars – Fusion Cloud, EBusiness Suite, JD Edwards, and Peoplesoft.
At Version 1, you will join a 2200-strong, €240m revenue business that is committed to Oracle Applications which includes E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, HCM Cloud, and ERP Cloud, through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our 400-strong Oracle ERP Practice is continuing to grow at a rapid pace driven by the needs of our customers to deliver solutions to modernise and digitise the back office to provide greater agility and value for staff and customers alike.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire an experienced Senior ERP business development manager to work with our Applications Unlimited Commercial team to drive and develop further our strong footing in the JDE, EBS and ERP Cloud domains for clients in a wide range of sectors, including Public and Private Sector Customers.
The role will sell solutions which will be delivered by our ERP Practice, which has c400 very experienced Consultants delivering ERP Cloud, EBS and JDE solutions across the UK, Ireland and beyond, both on customer site and offsite at our offices.
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join the UK team, specialising in the sale of Oracle Applications (JD Edwards, EBS & ERP Cloud) services and solutions to existing and new clients – both one-off consulting projects, upgrades and recurring managed services. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit an individual who has the drive to carve out their own niche while having the support of successful sales, pre-sales, marketing and delivery teams.
You will be an excellent communicator who knows how to work with senior level stakeholders. You will have a track record of selling IT business-led solutions in ERP, ideally Oracle Applications. You will naturally be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum direction.
Primary responsibility will be to drive sales through working with existing customers and new business:
- Identification of new opportunities and markets for the ERP Practices through market knowledge, customer relationship development and leverage of the Version 1 network, through targeted marketing campaigns, events and direct calling initiatives.
- Working with Version 1 technology partners and specialists (primarily Oracle)
- Account Management and development of existing Version 1 customer base through strategic account planning
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
- Contract negotiation covering license/hardware sales, consulting services, fixed price applications development and managed services contracts, with the support of the relevant teams.
- You will work closely with the existing ERP delivery and sales team members on a co-ordinated approach to maximise success for Version 1 and delivery for our customers.
You will have:
- Significant experience in the IT industry working in ERP Sales in any of the key Oracle applications.
- Experience of successfully selling ERP solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK or Irish Market with either private or public sector focus
- Experience in business development/sales processes
- A demonstrable understanding of the ERP software life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation to managed services.
- A clear and demonstrable track record of sales with the achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Customer-focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work and collaborate productively across sales, marketing, sales support and customer delivery teams, even when under pressure
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Native-level fluency in English.
What we give you
- Commission plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- A continual professional development pathway
- Life assurance
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with occasional travel. Expenses will be covered. UK or Ireland base but all Remote working / or hybrid if preferred.
Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!