Data Visualisation Capability Lead
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is having an incredibly successful 2021 and off the back of a successful 2020. Growth through successful delivery, combined with an excellent set of core values that enable internal collaboration and make business straightforward are reasons to join Version 1. We have been incredibly successful in winning Public Sector business while expanding our existing Private Sector clients.
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic, hardworking expert in all things Data Visualisation, using design led approaches and best practice to deliver business outcomes for our clients and solve complex business problems. This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills as you engage with technical and business stakeholders equally - executives through to operational roles - to help understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and drive projects from inception (or impasse!) to successful implementation and/or live service.
You will be capable of guiding a team of talented data visualisation consultants to offer expertise in this field with an ability to think on your feet and learn quickly to identifying solutions to problems. You must be comfortable with pre-sales conversations and be able to inspire your team. Preferably experienced enough to help nurture and grow our visualisation offerings to continue our exciting growth.
What will you be doing?
Help manage data visualisation engagements across several clients working with other capability leads, technology principals, delivery leads, practice leads and our sales team.
Participating in pre-sales discussions providing technical guidance
for engagements where data visualisation expertise is required.
Contribute towards go to market offerings, solutions and accelerators.
Able to author statements of work and drive delivery excellence for new sales opportunities.
Acting as technical escalation point for data visualisation consultants and customers.
Applying technical guidance and experience to develop and review internal documentation, quality standards and working practices including repeatable artefacts.
Challenging customer or project requirements to ensure we are delivering business outcomes to our clients.
Working with data visualisation consultants to ensure high-quality visualisation designs and implementation.
A people manager for your direct reports.
What skills and experience do you need:
- Experience aligning client business strategy, KPI, and AI use cases.
- A thought leader in the data visualisation domain
- Demonstrable experience designing high-quality data visualisation artefacts and taking solutions to production.
- Commanding a strong understanding of the strategic infrastructure required to make data visualisation rollout a success at scale.
- Experience providing technical leadership to a team of highly-skilled consultants.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of projects.
- Some experience designing and implementing solid DevOps principles for data visualisation projects.
- Familiar with agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of at least one enterprise cloud, preferably Azure or AWS.
What technical skills will do you have:
- Microsoft Power BI enterprise approaches and rollout methodologies. (Preferred)
- Tableau enterprise approaches and rollout methodologies. (Desirable)
- Experience with AWS Quicksight and Qlik (Advantageous)
- Business Intelligence development using the Microsoft BI stack
- Familiar with and experienced in data modelling methodologies such as Kimble.
- Expert in DAX and M Query
- Experienced with Analysis Services Cubes in global scale visualisation deployments
- SQL skills for querying and creating of views/tables, functions and stored procedures.
- Design and build concepts for dashboards, reports and cubes using SQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI or other visualisation tools.
- Document architectural solutions and processes.
- Microsoft or AWS Certifications desirable but not essential
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Business Development Manager