Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
- Birmingham, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
As a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer, you will join an expanding team with a broad range of enterprise-scale customers and projects. You’ll have experience in interacting with customers, leading the development and implementation of DevOps projects aligned with industry best practices.
- You will be customer-facing (when we are able) and design and implement DevOps processes and tooling for the delivery of IaaS and PaaS services using IaC in the public cloud for enterprise-scale customers
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for the delivery of applications to public cloud services
- Create solution designs, best practice standards and project documentation
- Implement continuous configuration management solutions
- Drive technical decisions and provide technical direction in a collaborative team environment.
- Consultancy or Services Provider experience with enterprise-scale customers
- Strong demonstratable experience in Azure DevOps or equivalent, scripting languages, Terraform and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet
- Experience of Azure PaaS services including App Services, AKS, ACR, SQL & App Gateway
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Demonstratable experience of designing, building, testing, automating and monitoring significant components within a modern digital service platform in production environments.
- Experience in working with customers to produce designs of cloud services that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, cost-effective and minimise lock-in.
- Experience implementing modern CI/CD processes for releasing software
- Excellent customer-facing communication, presentation skills and technical writing capability for tender responses, bids and proposals.
- SC Clearance eligible
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!