Senior Azure SQL DBA
- Birmingham, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance ‘theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference”.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior SQL DBA, experienced with Azure to join our Digital and Cloud Platform Practice. A permanent position, you will play a critical role in driving our thriving Cloud Platform Practice forward. Version 1 have had continued success working with our customers to deliver value, innovation, and excellence.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Technical leadership for migrating SQL workloads to Public Cloud
- Development and ownership of migration processes, documentation, and tooling
- Senior SQL DBA consulting, including solution design, documentation, and technical management
- SQL Server administration, implementing best practices and resolving complex performance issues
- Experience in migrating SQL Database workloads to Azure Public Cloud platforms
- You will be an experienced SQL Server DBA
- Solid understanding SQL Server internals and best practices
- A good understanding of other SQL and database related technology e.g. Middleware, Analysis Service, and Integration Services etc.
- Expertise in SQL Database design, deployment and administration
- In-depth understanding of Azure Public Cloud Database Migrations, such as IaaS on Azure, PaaS on Azure
- Experience in Application and Database workload assessment and assessment tooling
- Customer-facing communication and presentation experience
- Technical writing capability experience
- Experience of Enterprise level datacentre migrations to Public Cloud
Before you apply to our Senior Azure SQL DBA need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party events and Christmas parties that are now online!
Version 1 is now Digital First meaning remote delivery is always the first option and post-COVID travel will be involved in the role.