Azure Solutions Architect
- Redditch, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 has celebrated its 25th year in the IT industry last year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are seeing unprecedented growth across several of our key practice areas. We are looking for talented individuals, who want a challenging, dynamic work environment with honesty & integrity, excellence and drive amongst our core values as well as a strong emphasis on our people and a work-life balance.
If you are interested in playing a key role in cutting edge technology within the Public Sector and Private Sector read on.
- Defining software designs using industry good practices and technologies (Microservices, Cloud Technologies, Identity & Access Management) against Azure
- Work with technical teams to realise your designs
- Marshall teams to ensure quality and consistency.
- Pull together estimates from teams for future work.
- Technical ownership for a software project, covering technology road-map alignment, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation e.g. digital transformation, app modernisation, product development.
- Driving and implementing non-functional requirements for customers
- Communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing members of your team and the wider community.
- Proven experience across Azure application architectures, engineering, integration and data technologies.
- Practical software engineering background, you can lead application development teams, resolve technical challenges, and ensure effective implementation of non-functional requirements.
- Extensive Solution Design, development, and delivery experience in diverse and complex environments using common approaches e.g., restful APIs, Integration patterns, Microservices, software architecture & design principles.
- Ability to make sensible technology choices that balance customer constraints, future technology implications and implementation complexity.
- Ability to communicate technical designs simply and clearly in conversation, documentation and presentations to customers, technical counterparts, and engineering teams.
- Ability to make effective decisions within time-pressured and fast-paced deliveries. Presales experience, including written bid responses, formal presentations to customers and work package estimation.
- Ability to shape team profiles for development work – types of roles needed to deliver the project, estimation of the work and shaping a proposal for our customers.
Before you apply to our Solutions Architect need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Version 1 is now Digital First meaning remote delivery is always the first option and post-COVID travel will be involved in the role.