Head of Utilities Business Development
- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
You will be required to conduct business development, sell and deliver consulting assignments in Ireland and beyond within the context of strategic, business-driven, technology transformation programs.
The primary focus of your role will be helping our clients to harness technology to solve the business challenges in the areas of Process Automation, Cloud, Customer Solutions and Energy Networks; developing Digital transformation and AI, IoT and Analytics propositions and thought leadership collateral. You should be adept at leveraging your relationships to develop new opportunities.
You will be ambitious and entrepreneurial, inspired by successful business development and excellent execution. You will have a passion for innovation and understand how it can be harnessed to help our customers transform their Utilities business.
Responding to Requests for Proposals and developing formal sales responses
- Support and lead responses to formal procurement processes, for both new and existing Version 1 customers.
- Lead market offerings and the creation of customer proposals for consulting and/or transformation engagements.
- Develop and manage business in the areas such as customer solutions in B2C and B2B, new technology platforms, energy networks, including Smart Grid/Microgrids, Renewables and Distributed Energy Systems and corresponding architectures, operating models.
Managing and supporting engagements.
- Support the design and delivery of customer advisory and large-scale transformations.
- Program/project manage engagements and supporting workstreams.
- Support customers through the engagement lifecycle; from pre-sales assessment to Day 1 execution and into ongoing delivery.
Thought leadership and proposition development.
- Support the development of Value Propositions targeted at the Utilities leadership community that harness emerging and established technologies to meet our customers operational and strategic challenges.
- Design and develop collateral to sell into the market.
- Advise customers on latest technology and how that relates specifically to Utilities.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities
- Work hands on as a sector advisor and/or lead delivery teams as required.
Qualifcations & Skills required:
- 10+ years’ experience in sales of consulting and technology-led business transformation in the Utilities sector.
- Able to provide direction and coordination across the various aspects of small, medium and large strategy to enterprise architecture engagements.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, such as Cloud, Digital, Mobile, IoT, Analytics & AI.
- Demonstrable ability to develop consulting IP and Market Offerings.
- Successful Business Development history including exposure to each of the various aspects of a typical sales cycle.
- Experience working with an Offshore Delivery Function.
- Well-founded project management skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills, incorporating an excellent command of English.
- Ability to be articulate, present and negotiate options and discuss strategic plans and ways forward.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Senior Talent Team Lead