Application Support Specialist
- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Working within this team, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team of IT Professionals working to achieve maximum value for our customer across a range of technologies.
This role relates to the support of the various 3rd party applications, along with the numerous bespoke applications built by the customer over the years.
The application support area is responsible for supporting a large number of applications. The area ensures the continued delivery of stable systems. This includes a preventative maintenance programme, managing releases, monitoring and system health checks and incident management. The area also implements change requests to applications and in addition will often provide resources to projects.
Please note, this is not a junior position, it requires a strong and up-to-date technical skillset, detailed below.
- Self-motivated and problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Proactive when faced with a challenge
- Team player with proven ability to work within team and with other support areas
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Flexible approach (resolving incidents, out of hours work)
- Excellent process methodology and be process driven – logical reasoning
- Experience in supporting diverse range of applications on multi-tier architectures
Essential Technical Skills
- Experience of automation and scripting skills (job schedulers, Microsoft Powershell, Windows batch, SQL)
- Knowledge/Experience of Windows Server Management
- Software development experience (Visual Studio, C#,.NET, ASP.Net.VB.Net, Websites)
- Software implementation, troubleshooting and management skills
- Change control & technical documentation
- Understanding of database installations and components, confidently writing and using queries.
- Experience in OSIsoft PI, Eclipse and Maximo applications desirable
- Middleware application server software including Websphere/Webloglic, IIS experience
- Knowledge/Experience of Integration Tools (UC4/Automic, SSIS, SAP PI)
- 3-7 years’ IT Experience, preferably in Application Support area or DevOps teams
- Third Level Qualification with focus on IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition