- Redditch, UK
- Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Platform Infrastructure Consultant. You will join a team delivering on-premises infrastructure support services for a key Version 1 client based in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in supporting and delivering Infrastructure estates & projects. This role will be focused on supporting on-premises technologies.
You will be proficient working with business stakeholders and as part of both Project and Support teams, with direct experience in relation to infrastructure and security related services such as Networks, Security, Windows & Applications.
You will ideally have at least 4 years’ experience and a proven track record of enterprise infrastructure experience. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support of customer Platform estate
- Remediation of identified vulnerabilities in Windows systems and applications
- Communication with stakeholders to understand the implications of any remediation activities
- Support for internal Project delivery
- Implementation and upgrade of existing services
- Communication to senior management on Platform estate and health
- Ensuring security of Platform estate protecting all customer data and services
You will have:
- Direct experience of enterprise infrastructure solutions
- Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments.
- Possession of Microsoft certifications.
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their applications and infrastructure and being able to determine the impact on dependencies and integrations from changes and upgrades.
- Be eligible for UK Security (SC) Clearance
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Platform Services (networks, infrastructure, Windows servers)
- Product Maintenance: Windows, Java, Adobe etc.
- Service Management: Asset and Configuration Management
It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their management & configuration:
- Exposure to virtualisation products such as ESX and Nutanix
- Microsoft Forefront TMG
- Security scanning tools (e.g. Nessus)
- Firewalls (especially Barracuda)
- Understanding IP based networks at a protocol and port level
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team