Principal PeopleSoft Consultant
- London, UK
- Department: ERP
Version 1 is ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1400 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
We require a Principal PeopleSoft Consultant to join our expanding team. The candidate must be a specialist in an area of PeopleSoft (Functional, Technical or Architect) and be looking to play an increasingly prominent role in the delivery of projects and the development of highly successful PeopleSoft practice (established through the Version 1 acquisition of Cedar Consulting in 2018).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
There are 3 key components to this role:
The candidate will be an expert in PeopleSoft within their specific field and must be able to demonstrate large-scale and varied consulting work, including:
- Conducting workshops and advising the client on the best practices for adoption of the solution
- Configuring/building the system to match the business requirements and system design
- Demonstrating the solution in design playback sessions
- Providing training and coaching for other colleagues
- Assisting in pre-sales activities via demonstrations and offering expert advice regarding PeopleSoft processes, procedures, configuration options and roadmaps.
Fundamentally the consultant must be driven to help PeopleSoft clients maximise the value from their investment, through the provision of consulting services.
The candidate will manage the delivery of PeopleSoft work as a Project Manager or PeopleSoft Lead to a scale in line with their experience, including:
- Driving projects forward in line with plans and budget frameworks.
- Delivering results effectively, to expected quality.
- Managing stakeholders.
- Building trusted relationships with clients and managing their expectations within projects.
- Defining opportunities beyond the current scope.
The candidate will help drive the growth of the PeopleSoft practice. They will be required to work both independently and as part of a team and be a thought leader in their specific area of expertise, including:
- Developing Version 1 PeopleSoft offerings and methodologies
- Identifying PeopleSoft market opportunities to be addressed
- Identifying and driving new PeopleSoft initiatives
- Working on pre-sales proposals and demonstrations
- Engaging with clients to help explore or paint a picture of their PeopleSoft future
- In depth knowledge of a specialist area of PeopleSoft (Functional, Technical or Architecture)
- A positive, dynamic and flexible attitude
- Able to work well as part of a mixed team including Functional Consultants, Technical Consultants and Project Managers (both on and off-shore)
- Adheres to industry best practice and contributes towards our delivery standards and methodology
- Able to work unaided and directly with key project stakeholders
- Proactively takes the lead and shows self-initiative and drive
- Displays passion for the role and a strong desire to deliver to the best of their ability
- Displays the persistence to complete tasks and the rigour to ensure the solutions are thoroughly tested
- Is able to accurately estimate the time necessary for the delivery of work
- Documents solutions clearly and shares knowledge freely within the PeopleSoft community
- Assists in sales bid responses and pre-sales preparation and demonstrations, providing product credibility and expertise
- Is able to travel and stay away from home in line with a client-facing role
- Excellent English language communication skills
Please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Suzanne Whelan, Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!