Senior Java Developer
- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Java Developer not only to work with some of the best developers in this area, delivering critical new applications and integration solutions but you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills and development expertise.
Our client’s systems are being completely re-imagined from a monolithic architecture to a loosely coupled mini/microservice-based system. This is a greenfield development, using Java 11, the latest stable technologies for containerization such as Red Hat OpenShift, full CI/CD pipelines, and an Agile Scrum approach to delivery.
More insights are available on our Java Blog - https://www.version1.com/lets-talk-about-java
As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for:
- Mentoring other team members in clean code/TDD
- Setting the standard for excellence in code quality
- Helping the team technically with delivery using technologies new to them
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer
- Developing effective logical, conceptual, and physical designs in conjunction
- Presenting designs to relevant stakeholders including customer
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Identifying technology trends and deriving relevant IT proposals, including migration strategies.
- Ensuring the designs meet architecture, governance and customer requirements
- Ensuring design solutions meet service and operational requirements
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management and project managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar with minimum 5+ years of experience in development specifically in Core Java with recent experience on Java 8/11
- Experience in Spring Boot, Core Spring, Spring Security
- RedHat OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Docker, Red Hat SSO or KeyCloak, JUnit/Mockito
- 4 years experience writing RESTful Webservices
- Experience working with Microservice Architectures
- RDBMS experience – Oracle preferred, but demonstrable proficiency with other RDMS is acceptable.
- GIT,OpenAPI specifications and documentation (swagger)
- Angular 8 preferred
- Linux (specifically RedHat or CentOS)
- MariaDB or MySQL
- Elastic Stack
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above, and looking to play a leading part in a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team