Data Practice Lead
- Derry / Londonderry, Northern Ireland, gb
- Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our rapidly growing Digital, Data and Cloud team as a Practice Lead, a senior leader of our burgeoning Data & Analytics Community of Practice.
You will be a keen self-starter. A driven technology leader who is passionate about helping customers understand and solve business problems to drive better outcomes leveraging innovative, cloud-native Data & Analytics technologies.
You will be a servant leader who believes in the power of teamwork, who can win the hearts and minds of your team(s) and those around you over to the innovative approaches that drive growth in your domain. You will be comfortable conversing with and tailoring your message for a range of customer-side and internal stakeholders, from your data engineers through to C-suite. You will be capable of contributing to bids, including bid-writing and pitching for new work.
You will understand and appreciate our Strength in Balance, which promotes Customer Success (excellent customer experience, proactive engagement), Strong Organisation (prudent P&L management), and Empowered People (developing people). Our Core Values are incredibly important to us, guiding everything we do, and will resonate with you personally.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Accountable to a collaborative, cross-functional team including Delivery, Digital and Cloud leaders.
- A Senior Leader of the Data & Analytics Community of Practice.
- Growing the Data & Analytics business by helping customers identify opportunities to deliver improved business outcomes, designing and driving the implementation of those solutions.
- Growing & retaining the Data Engineering, Analytics and BI team(s) with appropriate skills and experience to deliver high quality services to Version1 customers.
- Supporting and developing our people, including learning & development, certification & career development plans
- Providing technical governance and oversight for solution design and implementation.
- Leading team in the definition of best practices & repeatable methodologies in Data Engineering, including Data Storage, ETL, Data Integration & Migration, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence.
- Ensure joined-up approach with Portfolio Directors, Delivery Managers, Practice Technical Leads across Version 1.
- Working with Delivery Managers & Portfolio Directors to proactively improve already high customer satisfaction scores.
- Defining & documenting reference architectures, solution design patterns, solution accelerators for use in Data Solutions.
- Working with colleagues in the commercial team to improve service offerings and drive pre-sales conversations with customers
- Contributing to Sales & Pre-sales activities including proposals, Terms of Reference documents, demonstrations & proof of concept projects.
- Application of technical standards and best practices in solution design & project deliverables with specific focus on Microsoft Technologies (Azure & On-premises).
- Promotion of continuing service improvement opportunities across technical domains.
- Maintaining & sharing knowledge within team of key market trends and application of cutting-edge technologies.
- Working with Marketing & Internal Comms to drive awareness of the Version 1 Brand and Data & Analytics capabilities.
- Development of Whitepapers, blogs, webinars and other though leadership material (leading these activities with teams)
- Preparation and estimation of solution proposals
- Development of Go-to-Market and Service Offering definitions for Data & Analytics.
- Project initiation & technical governance – ensuring appropriate technical standards are applied during project implementation.
- Technical lead for project engagements (in some cases, you will lead the initial engagement with the objective to replace yourself once project is established & stable).
- Preparing role definitions & job descriptions for hiring initiatives.
- Candidate selection & interviewing
- Resource Requests, Interviews & hiring.
- Working with Learning & Development teams to establish appropriate learning & certification paths for their domain
- Capacity planning & succession planning to manage workload & ensure no key single person dependencies exist.
- Working collaboratively to ensure the success of your peers and your teams.
- Line Management within your domain to build and sustain a high-performance culture within Data & Analytics.
Applicants must be eligible for SC clearance (5 years unbroken residency in the UK).
Location(s): Belfast, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh
Some travel expected.
Business Development Manager