Microsoft SAM Licensing Consultant
- Knutsford WA16, UK
- Department: SAM & Licencing
Version 1 is ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
You will join a 1400 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Our Software Asset Mangement Practice provides ours client with expertise services and the ability to quickly right size licensing costs and achieve compliance.
The SAM Consultant will provide support in the delivery of SAM Services, SAM managed services and procurement advisory services associated with Microsoft technology stack. When required the consultant will lead projects to ensure capacity demands are being met by the Version 1 Microsoft SAM service stream. Combined with helping customers accurately verify their Microsoft license position and online service consumption the successful candidate will need to successfully identify new business opportunities and provide pre-sales support when required. The primary focus of this role will involve Microsoft but the consultant will at times be expected to provide overlay support for multi-vendor solutions.
Reporting to the lead for the Microsoft SAM service stream, this role will enable Version 1 to further scale our growing Microsoft SAM practice. The successful candidate will support the practice deliver all aspects of our existing Microsoft SAM service portfolio including. While applying Version 1 core values such as honesty, integrity, personal commitment and excellence.
- Analyse hardware and software inventory metrics from a licensing prospective.
- Identifies the optimum allocation of available Microsoft license grants.
- Generates Microsoft license position reports in line with industry best practice.
- Discovers ways for clients to better optimise their investment in Microsoft licensing.
- Provides guidance where data analysis processes can be further enhanced through the use of automation.
- Delivery of service to customers in accordance to terms of reference and scope, management of change requests and expectation-setting.
- Project co-ordination and project management on an individual basis or as a part of a team.
- Interface with software vendor stakeholders when required.
- Generate and present findings reports that delivery tangible results for our clients.
- Provide input on service proposition and associated marketing material.
- When possible Identifies cross sell opportunities for additional SAM services, licensing resale and broader Version 1 services.
- Leverages the sales function to qualify and manage opportunities through all stages of the sales cycle.
We are looking for a high energy dynamic consultant to join our growing SAM team. You should have a few years of expericne in a similar role and have a good understanding of Microsoft On Premise, Hybrid and Cloud based product offerings and a knowledge of legacy and current Microsoft product licensing and licensing program terms.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory from an infrastructure and licensing prospective.
- Understand Microsoft Cloud service consumption models and how best to optimise from a licensing prospective.
- Familiarity with industry recognised SAM tools.
- Ability to comprehend IT environments including network topographies, virtualisation, application presentation.
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work remotely and as a part of a virtual team.
- Has experience of interfacing with senior managers within end our customers IT, finance and procurement function.
- Experience of working with complex data sets that requires strong attention to detail.
- Can successfully delegate tasks to both senior and junior team members.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time.
This role can be based from any of our offices; Knutsford, Birmingham, London, Belfast or Dublin when possible, remote working until then. It will always involve a mix of client site and home working.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Please watch our webinar here: Optimising Microsoft SQL Server Licensing & Capacity Planning (version1.com)