Oracle ERP Upgrade Portfolio Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: ERP
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1400 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
As the Oracle ERP Upgrade Portfolio Manager you’ll have extensive experience within Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite, JD Edwards or Peoplesoft) and will provide leadership in your role within a wide variety of contexts from pre-sales, through delivery. You will report to the Portfolio Director E-Business Consulting and work with senior colleagues across the delivery and commercial sections of the practice and be part of a team of 400 ERP consultants across Version 1. The Upgrade Factory team will primarily be responsible for successful upgrades of E-Business suite to both on-prem and IaaS solutions, however, the factory model will build on commonality across E-Business, JDE and Peoplesoft
You’ll likely have held senior PM roles in the past working directly with customers or with other systems integrators, and you will be passionate about managing multiple projects at any given time which meet customer challenges and understand the commercial balance required to deliver these projects. Bring knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, budgeting processes and risk management to the creation of a compelling ‘Upgrade factory’ proposition and approach for our customers desirous to remain on e-Biz on-prem solution but wanting to be current with Oracle’s support policies.
Post Covid-19, you will be happy to travel across the UK and Ireland to customer or prospective customer sites to spend time understanding their challenges, shaping their solutions and managing their projects. Experience of working with a remote team to build and deliver projects.
In line with Version 1’s cloud first strategy you will be required to work with Oracle Applications Cloud consulting team, at times, in addition to Apps Unlimited to support pre-sales proposals, solution evaluations and recommendations, project management, quality assurance, governance, and best practice.
You will be a high energy, high impact individual comfortable with balancing the demands of multiple assignments and working as both a lone contributor and leading assignments and developing people.
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Delivery of project outcomes in line with managed customer expectations and expected commercial performance
- Achievement of target customer success advocacy (8) for portfolio customers
- Project Readiness Assessment and Project Initiation Meeting documented for every portfolio project
- Up to date production of all governance and oversight artefacts
- Approval of all bid estimates, plans and commercial arrangements for any portfolio projects
- Achievement of on budget portfolio practice GP quantum and % target
- Achievement of on budget chargeability target
- Achievement of staff retention target - engagement score of 80% min.
- Effective support of presales activity to generate pipeline of portfolio projects
- Accurate and timely forecast of staff load/whitespace, revenue, cost and practice GP
- Promotion of Version 1 brand within portfolio customers and across the wider market
- You must have previously managed a portfolio of ERP projects up to £2M revenue.
- Knowledge of full end to end delivery of upgrade ERP Projects.
- You must have previous accountability for project delivery quality outcome as measured by timeline, scope, budget, customer expectations
- Be able to show management of commercial performance and risk
- Have had previous experience of handover from project to managed service
- Have managed staff engagement for team with projects portfolio
- Previously been responsible for resource/staff planning & hiring wrt mobilisations, rotations, roll ons, roll offs
- Strong experience of forecasting of portfolio revenue, costs and GP
- Adherence to Delivery Assurance processes with expected outputs delivered as required
- Previous pre-sales activity to generate pipeline projects/engagements
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK. Check out our Oracle Applications Day here https://www.version1.com/ev-cld-ocl-apps-day/
All roles are currently remote but you MUST be Ireland or UK based.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!