- Redditch, UK
- Department: Managed Services
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic systems administrator who enjoys working in a fast paced, multidiscipline team. He/she will be a solid team player, have an excellent attitude for desk-side support and will be technically experienced.
This role is based out of our offices in Redditch, Warwickshire within our internal IT Team. The mission of this team is to prove that IT can deliver real benefits to Version 1’s business. This will be achieved this through excellence in information technology solutions and services that support, enable and protect all business systems.
This role is responsible for providing desk side support, systems administration, as well as focusing on continuous improvement initiatives for the existing infrastructure. There will also be a substantial element of project work associated with this role where the successful candidate can gain significant experience in new and existing technologies.
Being a member of a small team will afford great opportunity for the successful candidate to gain excellent exposure and experience in many areas of technology.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter looking to join a fast paced, multidiscipline team that provides internal and project support at Version 1. The successful candidate should
· Have excellent troubleshooting skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
· Have strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
· Have the ability to multitask and prioritise duties.
· Have experience in writing technical processes and procedures.
· Ability to work well in a cross-team environment.
· Strong knowledge in desktop applications and environments.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft AD, Server 2019 as well as networking and storage.
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
· Understanding and interest in cloud technologies.
· Hyper-V experience an advantage
· Strong process oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion
· Experience in ITIL oriented environment
Talent Acquisition Consultant at Version 1